Stocking a new 10 gallon tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pawtrekker

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a new 10 gallon tank that I am cycling right now and since it is going in our living room I'd like it to have some colorful and fairly active fish in it. I originally planned it to be an upgrade for one of my bettas but since I was recently given a 5 gallon tank I have decided that will be plenty for him. So now, my options for stoking bettas in open again.

The Decor:
The tank does have several live plants in it (A type of Crypt I think) and it it beach themed with white and tan colored gravel. There are a few dark blue shells and a few red jewels as well. I also have a little clam decoration and I will be putting a piece of driftwood in it. (Currently soaking it so my water son't look like tea.)

Anyway, like I said, I would like to have some fairly active and colorful fish in it so feel free to give me your suggestions. I know my options are pretty limited with a 10 gallon tank. I was also wondering if a female betta sorority tank would be a good idea? I don't know a whole lot about how to do one so advice would be appreciated.
Right now I'm just kind of looking at my options so any advice would be appreciated. :)

BTW, I absolutely LOVE GBR's and would love to have one in here but if it's not possible that's alright. I figure I probably won't be able to put one in there anyway.

UPDATE: Quick question, If I were to get something like ember tetras, celestial pearl danios, or chili rasboras, how many of them would I be able to put in a 10 gal with lets say, a Honey Gourami?

:fish2: Thanks! :fish2:

I wouldn't do a all female betta tank. I think they need a 25 gallon for that. I also think that a GBR would need a 20g. You could do some ember tetras, a small school of Pygmy Cories, then maybe a colony of red cherry shrimp.

I wouldn't do a all female betta tank. I think they need a 25 gallon for that. I also think that a GBR would need a 20g. You could do some ember tetras, a small school of Pygmy Cories, then maybe a colony of red cherry shrimp.

I can look into the ember tetras but I haven't seen Pygmy Cories or Red Cherries at any of my local pet stores. I do love cories though, I have several in my 20 gallon. Thanks for your input!

Back
Top Bottom