Stocking Help - 36 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iginlafan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone,

Looking for tips on how to stock a new 36 Gallon tank.

I'm looking to move my old fish into a bigger tank. I currently have a green cory, two zebra danios, and 2 yoyo loaches. All about 6 years old, so the loaches are each 5-6 inches long. Their old tank really isn't big enough.

New tank will be a 36 gallon, dimensions in inches of 30Wx16Lx22H

All 5 of my current fish would move over, and I'd look to stock the new tank with some additional things.

I'm a big fan of catfish in general, and would love to add some more. What would be people's thoughts on adding Kuhli's to this tank? My feeling is that there may not be enough room, but I'm curious what others think.

If not Kuhli's, I'd probably look to add some more Corys to fill out the bottom. I'd say probably 4-5.

I'd add some smaller tetras, probably 10-12 neon or embers.

I'm open really to any suggestions of other types of species that would go well, or people's opinions on what sort of numbers should be appropriate for adding catfish, tetras, or any sort of larger feature fish.

You definitely need more Corys and zebra danios. They will be happiest in schools. You maybe could do a dwarf gourami.

Back
Top Bottom