Stocking HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEBEANPOLE

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 36g bow front FW tank planted and fake plants. I would like some advice on the number of fish I can have and what communities I need to build.

I have Two male Dwarf Gouramies (I have already discussed this and believe they will be fine for a while and if they get antagonistic with each other I will move one)
I have two Green Tiger Barbs and two Yellow/glow Tiger Barbs. How many should I get to settle them down? Will the two different breeds school?
I have two small Albino Cories I'm thinking I should bump them up to six?
I also have a Clown Pleco.
Can I add a school of Tetras and what type would work best with my tank mates:popcorn:?

My AqAdvisor reading
Note: Clown Pleco needs driftwood.
Warning: At least 4 x Albino Cory are recommended in a group.
Warning: At least 5 x Green Tiger Barb are recommended in a group.
Recommended temperature range: 73.4 - 77 F. [SIZE=-1][Display in Celsius][/SIZE]
Recommended pH range: 6 - 7.8.
Recommended hardness range: 5 - 15 dH.
You have plenty of aquarium filtration capacity.
Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 335%.
Recommended water change schedule: 16% per week.
Your aquarium stocking level is 70%.

[SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]

If you do what as aqadvisor says you will be good to go. But your dwarf may become volatile towards each other. One could die from stress. Just watch them closely.

Thanks, NY. I really feel like a messed up getting two males, but my wife picked them up for me, and I think this is a perfect way to convince her to let me get another tank going. Also they are awesome. I'm going to be keeping a very close watch. I could always sell him back to the lfs if all else fails.

R

Haha nice! My fiancé is pregnant, and we were talking about what to make the nursery theme. Of course the first think I said was fish! Haha so I can get another tank. I was thinking a 35g hex for the corner!

If you do what as aqadvisor says you will be good to go. But your dwarf may become volatile towards each other. One could die from stress. Just watch them closely.

Careful with this recommendation... AqAdvisor is just a tool, it is not a foolproof stocking guide. There are way too many variables to account for when coming up with a stock plan to be quantified into a calculator.

I personally would not keep tiger barbs with dwarf gouramis. Their finnage will be very tempting IMO, and aggression typically increases with maturity. The glofish tiger barbs will group up with the green ones, as they are both the same species (the green tiger barb exists thanks to selective breeding, and the glofish tiger barb due to genetic modification).

I would recommend returning the tiger barbs and replacing them with some peaceful tetras (10-12 should be fine). Avoid larger, boisterous species like buenos aires, colombians, red eyes, emperors, white/black skirts, etc. More peaceful species include (but are definitely not limited to) lemons, flame/von rio, black neons, green fire, cardinal, neon, etc.

Albino aeneus corys get pretty large for corydoras, but are slow growers. I'd add 2-4 more.

Back
Top Bottom