Stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RJplaydDrums

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
O I have a 25g currently with a school of 6 zebra danios. They sure are lively and fun to watch! I'm just having trouble on deciding what else I'd like in the tank. Definitely going to be adding more live plants after payday. Anyone have any ideas on fun community fish?

RJplaydDrums said:
O I have a 25g currently with a school of 6 zebra danios. They sure are lively and fun to watch! I'm just having trouble on deciding what else I'd like in the tank. Definitely going to be adding more live plants after payday. Anyone have any ideas on fun community fish?

Ok well what are your ideas gor the tank? A nice community?

Just a nice community is what I'm going for. I'm fairly new to keeping fish and am still learning a lot. I'm open to any ideas since my LFS has a very nice selection. Almost too nice cause I can't decide!

RJplaydDrums said:
Just a nice community is what I'm going for. I'm fairly new to keeping fish and am still learning a lot. I'm open to any ideas since my LFS has a very nice selection. Almost too nice cause I can't decide!

Haha ok! Im thinking youll need a center piece, and maybe 6 more schoolers. Gourami, and 7 tetras of a kind? Rummys?

The rummynose tetras look cool! I've researched gouramies and I like them but was wondering if there was any other options. My danios that I have now like to chase each other around a lot. Should I maybe add a couple more to spread out any aggression?

RJplaydDrums said:
The rummynose tetras look cool! I've researched gouramies and I like them but was wondering if there was any other options. My danios that I have now like to chase each other around a lot. Should I maybe add a couple more to spread out any aggression?

Yes, it is always best to add more. Id say go to maybe 8. I would say you could add an angel, but it would eventually eat your danios, and 25 g isnt much room anyways. Look up a festivum, german blue ram, or bolivian ram

Haha wouldn't want them getting eaten! I'll pick up a couple more later this week. So 7 tetras and a centerpiece sure seems like a lot of fish on top of my school of danios. Thanks for your suggestions :)

RJplaydDrums said:
Haha wouldn't want them getting eaten! I'll pick up a couple more later this week. So 7 tetras and a centerpiece sure seems like a lot of fish on top of my school of danios. Thanks for your suggestions :)

Ah youll be fine in a 25 g with a smaller center piece. Look up those fiah though, thay are really cool:D

Okay awesome! Wanna keep my fishies happy! I'm looking up the rams right now and really like them! A friend of mine has a big cichlid tank and they all seemed aggressive so I thought they would be out of the question for my community tank. I think a pair of rams and a school of tetras is the way I'll go! Any advice on a clean up crew?

If you are a beginer i would think twice about the rams. They are very sensitive, and if they pair up could be agressive

RJplaydDrums said:
Okay awesome! Wanna keep my fishies happy! I'm looking up the rams right now and really like them! A friend of mine has a big cichlid tank and they all seemed aggressive so I thought they would be out of the question for my community tank. I think a pair of rams and a school of tetras is the way I'll go! Any advice on a clean up crew?

Some nerite snails and red cherry shrimp will do the job! Also, make sure to research the heck out of rams. They are sensative fish, but really are cool! They arent for experts or anything, but they require a little extra care, ya know? If you have them in the tank, base it around them as far at temp, ph, and water quality goes. Id suggest 2 water changes a week with rams

RJplaydDrums said:
I plan on adding more plants on the right but this is it currently

Looks great!!! There are lots of plants that would do great in your tank!

Back
Top Bottom