Stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
haha gotta make the bi-monthly trip to the lfs after payday!
well to finish up the 25g I'll probably pick up 2-3 more danios and a couple plants on my next trip. then keep researching those rams. I'll start looking for some tetras as well but just not sure what ones :)

RJplaydDrums said:
haha gotta make the bi-monthly trip to the lfs after payday!
well to finish up the 25g I'll probably pick up 2-3 more danios and a couple plants on my next trip. then keep researching those rams. I'll start looking for some tetras as well but just not sure what ones :)

Ya, there are many types of tetras, just make sure to get at least 6!

You should get some cory's for the bottom.

6 panda cory or other type, they are awesome.

I like cories! I'll have to see what my LFS has in they way of them. But all these suggestions seem like a lot of fish. Not that lots of fish is a bad thing :p I just don't wanna overcrowd my 25g. 8 zebra danios, 6 tetras, 6 cories and a pair or either rams or gouramies. Would that be over stocked? I can manage weekly a PWC but probably not twice a week

I like cories! I'll have to see what my LFS has in they way of them. But all these suggestions seem like a lot of fish. Not that lots of fish is a bad thing :p I just don't wanna overcrowd my 25g. 8 zebra danios, 6 tetras, 6 cories and a pair or either rams or gouramies. Would that be over stocked? I can manage weekly a PWC but probably not twice a week

That answer partially depends on what kind of tetras, cories, and gouramis. You can play around on AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor But just know it's not the end all be all guide. It's just to give an idea to help you narrow down some.

Well can you keep cories in smaller groups? And would the tetras school with the danios? If they school together then I could probably add less tetras

Well can you keep cories in smaller groups? And would the tetras school with the danios? If they school together then I could probably add less tetras

Tetras and danios like there own species. Cories do prefer their own species but I've kept mixed groups of them when I was a kid with no problem before. I also know there's folks on here that keep them in smaller groups. I'm thinking four(?) at least. Personally I love cories though and always had a bunch of them.

Well maybe I'll just build my danios more, add a centerpiece (rams or gouramies), and 4-6 cories :)

Well maybe I'll just build my danios more, add a centerpiece (rams or gouramies), and 4-6 cories :)

The only time I kept zebra danios was in an unheated tank. They thrived and multipled like crazy though. I'm not very familar with rams or gouramies so I don't know what the tempature range for them is. I thought though that rams like warmer water. Someone that knows them better than me will have to tell you that.
That old danio tank of mine was always low 70s and the bronze cories I had in there lived for years. In other words it sounds like a good plan to me. I loved watching all the danios zoom around the tank.

c_leed said:
The only time I kept zebra danios was in an unheated tank. They thrived and multipled like crazy though. I'm not very familar with rams or gouramies so I don't know what the tempature range for them is. I thought though that rams like warmer water. Someone that knows them better than me will have to tell you that.
That old danio tank of mine was always low 70s and the bronze cories I had in there lived for years. In other words it sounds like a good plan to me. I loved watching all the danios zoom around the tank.

Yes rams prefer warmer temps, around 84-86. Im sure the danios and cories would be fine though

Yes rams prefer warmer temps, around 84-86. Im sure the danios and cories would be fine though

Isn't that pretty high for the danios? I always thought they preferred cooler water. Some cories could handle that high. I know Sterba's are kept with Discus a lot because they like warmer water.

c_leed said:
Isn't that pretty high for the danios? I always thought they preferred cooler water. Some cories could handle that high. I know Sterba's are kept with Discus a lot because they like warmer water.

Ya, but since theyr do hardy i think you could put them at 80

Back
Top Bottom