Stocking ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
awesome. thanks size much for all the advice! I think I may skip the gouramies though and opt for a pair of rams. I'll take a look tomorrow at my lfs when I pick up more plants and a couple more danios :)

awesome. thanks size much for all the advice! I think I may skip the gouramies though and opt for a pair of rams. I'll take a look tomorrow at my lfs when I pick up more plants and a couple more danios :)
I would skip the cories if you're going to do a pair of rams. A breeding pair of cichlids would prefer not to share their space with other bottom dwellers.

Also, pardon me if I missed it but I read through and didn't see it, what are the dimensions of this tank?

siva said:
I would skip the cories if you're going to do a pair of rams. A breeding pair of cichlids would prefer not to share their space with other bottom dwellers.

hmm that's a good point. I'd rather the cichlids over the cories. I'll have to figure out a different clean up crew cause I'd rather the rams

How about kribs? They are a cool, colourful dwarf chchild. They can be brought in monogamous pairs for breeding. A good alternative from the ram as they are not as sensitive I believe.

a friend of mine was actually telling me about kribs yesterday. I'm gonna check them out today :)

I have a breeding pair of Kribs. They are beautiful and full of personality, but I learned the hard way and had to move all of my cories to another tank when they first started spawning. Having school(s) of dither fish is a must though! I have Rasboras and Tetras with the Kribs and my female still nips the male's tail regularly

Or if you do go with rams, I recommend bolivians, as they are definitely the hardiest.

Back
Top Bottom