Stocking my 55gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chilcote0328

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. I am trying to find some good fish for my tank. I have 1 Dempsey now and plan to get a second but what else can I get to go along with it without worrying about tempers I have a couple sun fish and a pacu and have to relocate to different tanks cause the Dempsey seems to be causing problems what cans I do?

Rehome the dempsey or keep it solo in the 55g. The dempsey has already let you know that it wants the whole tank to itself.

I am not to sure I got them off Craigslist from a family that had to move out of state also do you think a 10g is good for a single or pair of demsys
Here's a couple pics can also see the big placid that are in there

Attachments

• image-2911846081.jpg
    image-2911846081.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 125
  • image-1358938511.jpg
    image-1358938511.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 111
  • image-3986932034.jpg
    image-3986932034.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 113
I wouldn't put anything with the JD, if its claimed the tank for itself then anything you will add is going to be killed.

So you either need to rehome it or get rid of your sunfish and pacu.

A 10g won't work for even a single JD.. have you read into there requirements and everything? They get pretty big and are territorial.

Mrc8858 said:
A 10g won't work for even a single JD.. have you read into there requirements and everything? They get pretty big and are territorial.

And remember they don't grow to the aquarium!

Mrc8858 said:

So what do you think with a 55 ga tank probably drop 5-7 gallons for the background I put in. And I would like at least 5-7 fish in the tank what would be a good colorful choice

If you want a bunch of fish you could rethink the whole tank and do a lake Malawi tank with mbuna.. then you could have 15 or so bright, active cichlids.

Mrc8858 said:
If you want a bunch of fish you could rethink the whole tank and do a lake Malawi tank with mbuna.. then you could have 15 or so bright, active cichlids.

A friend of mine has one I went an checked it out yesterday and I'm hooked on it so I am going to have to get another tank and make one I think I'm just going to stick with my JD with this tank we will see after I visit the store today

Back
Top Bottom