Stocking Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jodibug

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have a 29 gallon with 75 gallon bio wheel filter. I'm planning to have 5 ghost cats 5 fancy skirt tetra 1 dwarf gourami It was suggested that I could add some Cory cats but I don't care for them too much. I'm assuming I'll need some top or bottom swimmers since my mid has quite a few already. I'm wondering if danios really stay at the top and if so would they be too small to keep with the other fish I have? One poster said he had quite a large skirt tetra. Any other suggestions?
I also have real plants.

I'm not sure if ghost catfish should be in a 29, but I know danios would do fine, although they are very busy (they do stay at the top) and might scare the catfish, or serve as dither fish.

First the ghost / glass cats need a slight current and no fast moving friends if you want them to feed. I would say the tetras are out. They may look nice, but the cats will not feed and may head to a corner. Dwarf gouramis or pigmys would work, but just one or two females. Danios will shut down the cats as they are fast moving and will stress the catfish. Corys would be fine, but if you don't like them don't do that. You could stock some cherry shrimp on the bottom to tend the garden.

Well I've already got the 5 tetras and I've had 1 ghost cat (got before I started researching and learning about them). Perhaps I should take the catfish back. I have noticed since introducing the tetras (I had one that I got with him, introduced 4 more on Tuesday) that he is very skittish and is often disturbed out of his chill spot. I was hoping when he had a school he'd do better but it sounds like maybe not. Thanks for your input.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom