Stocking suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matthew C.

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 30 gallon tank, and fake plants...had previous pH issues, but I am in the process of correcting the problem (aragonite and crushed coral)
I am seeking advice as to what kinds of fish I can stock, as well as the quantity without overcrowding or taxing the bioload.
I know that I want corys..other than that I really don't know. I do know that I want top, middle and bottom dwellers...schoal/schooling would be great. Thank you for your help!!

What is your pH, KH/GH out of the tap?

What you did by adding Argonite and crushed coral, was that to increase the pH? Buffer the water? Otherwise can you explain briefly the issue?

By understanding this situation might make a difference on the kinds of fish to recommend.

PH out of tap is 7.4. I had a pH crash a week ago while doing a fishless cycle (Dr Tim's ). pH went to below 5 (had a yellow color). Now it's at 6.4 after putting in approx 1# aragonite and 8 oz. crushed coral. I have to rerun the KH/GH tests....haven't run them since pH fell.

Using Prime, and Stability as water conditioners. Used aragonite and crushed coral to raise and buffer pH after a crash down to below 6.0. Current pH is approx 7.6

Back
Top Bottom