Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An hour after adding the 1/4 tsp of baking soda PH is maybe 6.8... If I keep adding baking soda will i always have to do this? I'd rather do it naturally thru water changes. ive done 2x 10gal WCs today, I can do more. I'll go do another 10gal..

I think they can be minor fin nippers, but I'm not sure. I think the penguins look nice, and I have 5 glowlights that are pretty neat. They are colorful like neons to some extent, and they are actually quite see through.

I think they can be minor fin nippers, but I'm not sure. I think the penguins look nice, and I have 5 glowlights that are pretty neat. They are colorful like neons to some extent, and they are actually quite see through.

I think I could get a mixture of the ones I saw today and some orange flame tetras. Dang Cory catfish are expensive though!

Also a school of rummynose tetras can be quite stunning in a planted aquarium. Two other harder to find species (petco/petsmart probably won't carry them) are celestail pear danios (galaxy rasbora) and threadfin rainbows. but sadly, you'd probably have to order these :(

Oh not to much compared to some fish. But I understand u. I'm 14, and the majority of the funding for my current tank came from money i made umpiring last summer ~$300, but some i spent on fishing gear.

Oh not to much compared to some fish. But I understand u. I'm 14, and the majority of the funding for my current tank came from money i made umpiring last summer ~$300, but some i spent on fishing gear.
Yeah, I'm 15. I got the money for this 27 marineland biocube by mowing as many lawns as I could.

I'll go do a 5gal wc, then fill, then another 5g wc, then fill, etc until PH is about 7. Is it more effective to do 10gal at once before filling? THat's what ive done earlier but I have to shut off the filter when i go that low.

Also, around christmas time I'll be able to get a sunsun canister filter. I was thinking the 302.. One with media is only $54.99 with free shipping. That's really cheap. Should I get the 303B? filters 370gph instead of 264gph. Is it worth it? Is it too much? the 370gph one is 74.99

ps. finished 2x 5g water changes. PH still 6.6... Should I wait a while for water to circulate b4 testing?

What about this for stocking? aqadvisor.com. Maybe cory or some other bottom dweller in place of the khuli, because they aren't available in my area, and the corys are expensive =/ Keep in mind im not getting gold tetras, but the longfin red minor tetras. They weren't on the list.
EDIT: Perhaps the black skirts instead of longfin red minors, they are less expensive and reportedly less agressive. aquadvisor.com.

Looks/sounds good. I would do 5-6 cories, since they have a stronger affect on the bio-load than the Kuhlis as far as I know. A for black skirts, they sound good ( my friend has a few), but just make sure they are healthy, as the ones in my petcos and petsmarts seem to always have ick

Looks/sounds good. I would do 5-6 cories, since they have a stronger affect on the bio-load than the Kuhlis as far as I know. A for black skirts, they sound good ( my friend has a few), but just make sure they are healthy, as the ones in my petcos and petsmarts seem to always have ick

I'll make sure the fish look decent. My only worry with cories is their barbells. I've figured that with Christmas money coming from all over I'll be able to afford them. On the bright side, I've done 40g worth of water changes and ph is only about 7

I'll make sure the fish look decent. My only worry with cories is their barbells. I've figured that with Christmas money coming from all over I'll be able to afford them. On the bright side, I've done 40g worth of water changes and ph is only about 7

They should be fine. When I got my two cories, the smaller one was missing (or hadn't grown) its barbels, but after two months they were there, and now he is thriving.

Idk, but I feel like I've heard that, so maybe u should go with peppered
Ok. What do you think of the 10 long-finned red minor tetras and the 10 orange von rio flame tetras? WIll they get along with eachother and the corys and pleco? Also, petsmart didnt have bn plecos, but they did have rubberlip and albino BN. What do you think?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom