Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess I can't say to much about the tetras because i don't have either type, but for the Pleco, either would work, although I would prefer the ABN. I'm thinking of getting a BN when I get a larger tank, and if I do I will get a ABN

I guess I can't say to much about the tetras because i don't have either type, but for the Pleco, either would work, although I would prefer the ABN. I'm thinking of getting a BN when I get a larger tank, and if I do I will get a ABN

Actually, avoid the RL, although the store says they stay around 4" ( or at least mine does) ive heard they can get more like 8" or so

Just read up on ph crash during fishless cycle. Tank still 6.8. Tap between 7.2 and 7.6, set out some tap water in a container. I'll see what it is in the morning , that will be my actual tap ph, right?

Edit: masha didn't see you post until I finished typing this.

Typically, the tapwater ph wil be lower after the gasses have escaped, and that is the measurement you need to know. It takes about 24 hours for that to happen, so only test after it's been standing 24 hours.

Just read up on ph crash during fishless cycle. Tank still 6.8. Tap between 7.2 and 7.6, set out some tap water in a container. I'll see what it is in the morning , that will be my actual tap ph, right?

Edit: masha didn't see you post until I finished typing this.

Oh, okay, no problem :)

Nope. No reason to add prime.

The point of the test is to know what your baseline is -- what your water is like with nothing added.

PH upwards of 7.6 :D That's about my tap, should I test the high range to see if it's higher than 7.4?

Dang my room smells strongly of sulfur from the Prime... lol
Meanwhile PH on the high range one is off the charts purple o_O My tap is only 7.4!!!!
EDIT: Retested tap and it reads 7.4... Could it be the ammonia I just added?

Put the bio tray of the filter in a tub of water (tap with prime) so the high PH doesn't kill off the bacteria.. How should I go about this??

ACtually, Im not quite sure what the reading is.. The color doesn't match any of the high range colors, but the color matches perfectly with nitrite 5ppm color.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom