Sunsun canister filters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anybody used these before???

If so could you give me a quick review on it??? I just ordered one for my 30 gallon tank!!!

I have the SunSun HW-302, and I'm very pleased with it. Some parts feel a bit cheap (to be expected) but are functional. Also, the directions are an obviously horrendous translation from Chinese to English - however assembly is pretty self-explanatory so that won't be too much of an issue. The thing that I'm happiest with is the noise level - the filter is absolutely SILENT.

I have the SunSun HW-302, and I'm very pleased with it. Some parts feel a bit cheap (to be expected) but are functional. Also, the directions are an obviously horrendous translation from Chinese to English - however assembly is pretty self-explanatory so that won't be too much of an issue. The thing that I'm happiest with is the noise level - the filter is absolutely SILENT.

Good!!! Thanks. I'm excited! I've heard good things about them.

If anyone else has one id like to here from ya!!!:)

Oh and btw that's the same exact sun sun I'm getting!!!

yep i have one as my second filter on a tank and let me tell you it is a very good filter , pushes alot of water and is pretty sturdy. i just replaced the inlet tube cause it sucks but all in all it outperforms my other $150 filter,,,(y)

yep i have one as my second filter on a tank and let me tell you it is a very good filter , pushes alot of water and is pretty sturdy. i just replaced the inlet tube cause it sucks but all in all it outperforms my other $150 filter,,,(y)
Isn't the inlet supposed to suck?
:dance: :ROFLMAO: :brows:

Isn't the inlet supposed to suck?
:dance: :ROFLMAO: :brows:

hehe i get it...yea but it comes in sections and one time while cleaning it i didnt put it up all the way and one of my plecos got killed by the suction...found it stuck there. so i replaced it with a whole solid tube from a marineland.

I have 2 of these filter very pleased with them, super silent easy to maintain and easy to install, you won't be disappointed

I have a few of them varying in size from 1000 l/hr to 2200l/hr and they are brilliant. They can take any kind of media you wish to use, are easy to prime, easy to disconnect and clean, and run so silent I have to feel it to check its still working ;)
The smaller one has a better flow rate than my eheim and cost 1/4 of the price. The eheim doesn't have baskets and isn't self priming either :(

I have a few of them varying in size from 1000 l/hr to 2200l/hr and they are brilliant. They can take any kind of media you wish to use, are easy to prime, easy to disconnect and clean, and run so silent I have to feel it to check its still working ;)
The smaller one has a better flow rate than my eheim and cost 1/4 of the price. The eheim doesn't have baskets and isn't self priming either :(

Thought I'd also add (after having cleaned up another flood half an hour ago) that unlike eheim classics, sunsuns don't pop their tops and empty your tank when the circuit breaker is tripped. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom