Switching to sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have thought about the shrimp tank. The problem I have it that I would have to order them, and I don't really want to spend that much on shrimp. They are cute, but I'm not sure it's for me. If I knew someone around me that could give me some, I might just try them.

To be honest, if you want to do fish in your 3 gal I don't think it would be right to do more than one. Maybe use it to grow cool plants for your other tanks?

I have thought about the shrimp tank. The problem I have it that I would have to order them, and I don't really want to spend that much on shrimp. They are cute, but I'm not sure it's for me. If I knew someone around me that could give me some, I might just try them.

Guppies maybe? There could be some mini tetras out there you could do a group of 3, might be cool

Guppies maybe? There could be some mini tetras out there you could do a group of 3, might be cool

See...that's the problem. I don't feel right about putting anything other than a Betta in there. I feel this way, because they are in such small cups. I feel that maybe one would be happy. I don't want it to be miserable though. I would never put more than one. I really like the idea of growing plants though. That's a good idea!

See...that's the problem. I don't feel right about putting anything other than a Betta in there. I feel this way, because they are in such small cups. I feel that maybe one would be happy. I don't want it to be miserable though. I would never put more than one. I really like the idea of growing plants though. That's a good idea!

What about a dwarf frog or two in the 5 gal? That would never get messy.

I'm talking about Hymenochirus not Xenopus.

It's a 3 gallon. I changed my mind. I am doing the shrimp tank. I ordered them this afternoon. They will be here Saturday. I only ordered 5, because I'm not sure how many a little tank can support. They should be really cute with my black sand and plants!

It's a 3 gallon. I changed my mind. I am doing the shrimp tank. I ordered them this afternoon. They will be here Saturday. I only ordered 5, because I'm not sure how many a little tank can support. They should be really cute with my black sand and plants!

What kind of shrimp?

Back
Top Bottom