Tankmate for Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cdodds12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any suggestions for a tankmate for my new betta? I have a 7 gallon heated tank with a betta and a mystery snail. It just seems kind of empty right now with just the two of them.

Cdodds12 said:
Any suggestions for a tankmate for my new betta? I have a 7 gallon heated tank with a betta and a mystery snail. It just seems kind of empty right now with just the two of them.

Perhaps you could try some shrimp. I'd start with ghosts then go to some other kinds like RCS, if your betta doesn't eat the ghosts:)

Perhaps you could try some shrimp. I'd start with ghosts then go to some other kinds like RCS, if your betta doesn't eat the ghosts:)

Finnigan seems pretty docile, he is happily perched on his betta hammock, and didn't even flinch when Gary the snail came up to investigate. Maybe will try some shrimp. Do they need any special kind of food or anything? :thanks:

The shrimp? No, they're pretty happy with whatever left over food there is lying around:)

Good to know, I think I might actually just leave him alone, now that he's gotten used to the tank he seems really happy swimming about.

Yeah that's how mine are. They used to be with other fish but since I've left them in their own tanks they're much more active and seem more happy, well besides one but he was weird;). Hope that everything will turn out in your tank!

Thanks, he seems pretty happy. Built a huge bubble nest overnight.

Cory cats do well in this setting. I have two (one i have had a couple of years and one baby) with a mystery snail and a crown tail betta. They all get along great, and have their different jobs to do.

Back
Top Bottom