TarHeel's First Journal - 29G Planted Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ohh it looks really cool!! That slate cave looks just like the one I made in my 60g, have you seen it? That's really cool. I think I like yours better than mine lol! It even has the same shapes as mine does...weird lol!

Ohh it looks really cool!! That slate cave looks just like the one I made in my 60g, have you seen it? That's really cool. I think I like yours better than mine lol! It even has the same shapes as mine does...weird lol!
Thanks! I haven't seen yours, but it was just a good ole $8 pack of natural slate tile I bought and smashed to bits. Siliconed together the smaller pieces into the stacks, then have the cross pieces loose so I have freedom to rearrange things.

Here is mine- in the right corner obviously lol.

33esxle.jpg

I had to silicone it too, stupid me assembled it in the tank then it kept falling over in the tank (I actually have little cracks in the glass from where the rock hit it) and after a few good collapses i decided it be dandy to glue that sucker together lol.

Looks good! Yeah, I was doing out of tank mockups and decided to glue them after realizing how unstable it was.

I accidentally kicked mine over a few times out of the tank, then my dog crashed it, then it fell all the time in the tank, lol I can't take a hint :lol: So can't wait for tomorrow and get the tank filled huh?

I accidentally kicked mine over a few times out of the tank, then my dog crashed it, then it fell all the time in the tank, lol I can't take a hint :lol: So can't wait for tomorrow and get the tank filled huh?
Definitely ready! Heading out in the morning to pick up an extra elbow for my DIY spray bar because it doesn't quite fit, then it's the joyous process of finishing soaking the tanins out of the DW, rinsing the black diamond, and getting everything filled. I think my first set of plants should be arriving on Wednesday.

Definitely ready! Heading out in the morning to pick up an extra elbow for my DIY spray bar because it doesn't quite fit, then it's the joyous process of finishing soaking the tanins out of the DW, rinsing the black diamond, and getting everything filled. I think my first set of plants should be arriving on Wednesday.

Awesome! I love that anxiety and anticipation of setting up new tanks, which I think is the reason we aquarists acquire what we have named "Multiple Tank Syndrome" or "MTS" so you just want to keep making more and more tanks lol! (I have been infected :oops: ) So...can't wait to see how this looks with some plants!

I definitely know what you're saying...having my 10 gallon QT just sitting there waiting is going to kill me after I get this tank going.

Lol same thing with me man! After I was sitting there staring at my 2 tanks...I walked outside and passed my shed and saw my old empty 10g laying there on a shelf...I felt sorry for it so I made a new tank last week LOL. I used to have a QT...until a dropped and cracked it :( lol sorry for blabbering on about myself on your thread :oops:

I started this hobby two months ago and I now own 2 ten gallons, 2 twenty gallons and 1 fifteen column tank. I know the feeling. Saving up for a 90 gallon I've found on Craigslist now lol.

Somebody should start a MTS support thread...LOL
And wow, that's quite an expansion on tanks in the span of only 2 month astro!

Someone really should lol. I know it is a lot but I do know what I'm doing at least lol. Just adding fish recently to all of them. My next goal is dwarf puffers. Ordering some in about a month. So excited!

I started this hobby two months ago and I now own 2 ten gallons, 2 twenty gallons and 1 fifteen column tank. I know the feeling. Saving up for a 90 gallon I've found on Craigslist now lol.

Psh I have been in the hobby for years now and only have 3 tanks set up. Lol I know. Don't worry though, MTS is hitting me harder daily. Also I have a tank limit as to how many tanks I can have at once lol (wife's orders :lol:)

I already have plans in the works for making my own acrylic 84x36x30 Mbuna tank...I visited Lake Malawi when I was in the country last summer and fell in love with them. I haven't even finished my first tank and am already looking ahead :ermm:

Glad I'm not the only crazy fish lover. I love the feeling when I walk into petsmart, petco or my LFS and just looking at stuff. I always come home with a few things. I go every weekend lol. It's definitely an addiction

Don't worry about it! I'm pretty sure the employees at my local PetSmart think I'm crazy because I'll get bored and just go watch the fish...luckily I've also helped plenty a customer not kill their fish since this forum has given me more knowledge about fish keeping than most of the employees have.

Back
Top Bottom