TarHeel's First Journal - 29G Planted Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad I could help! You may even want to just soak them in water that was boiling hot (like you would do in a tub with a large piece of driftwood) to kill everything, because it won't heat the inside of the rocks enough to risk then exploding.

You should also do the vinegar test to make sure they won't alter your tanks pH

Uh oh...how do I do the vinegar test?! I have normal clear vinegar, will that work? I don't want to shock my fish with ph crash/spike!! Glad u mentioned that, hadn't thought of it :-/

Uh oh...how do I do the vinegar test?! I have normal clear vinegar, will that work? I don't want to shock my fish with ph crash/spike!! Glad u mentioned that, hadn't thought of it :-/
Yeah just use regular white vinegar. Pour it on the rocks and let it sit for a minute, if it bubbles don't use it.

So it feels like every day is Christmas when setting up a new tank! Finnex FugeRAY and Hydor inline heater showed up today.

image-974128654.jpg

image-1203304281.jpg

Cool! I know the feeling... it IS like Xmas! I'm away from home myself and just got notification that some of my packages arrived too. Oh the anticipation builds!

The fixture looks good on your tank! :)

Well I think I finally got everything running without leaking. New plumbing setup, silicone and self fusing tape to the rescue!

image-2419096837.jpg

There's life and color! Most of my plants arrived today and have gone in the tank! Now just need to wait for my test kit to arrive tomorrow to start cycling.

image-731109364.jpg

image-1985596574.jpg

image-168831139.jpg

image-4240246203.jpg

image-1778027956.jpg

image-1722544435.jpg

It looks like it- when I planted mine I had like 3 little plants an it made this within a month!

1eqfx2.jpg

It looks like it- when I planted mine I had like 3 little plants an it made this within a month!

1eqfx2.jpg
Awesome, I can't wait for it to fill out. Going to try to keep mine trimmed short, let's see how long that lasts before I get lazy. Also, the amazon sword I got sent is massive.

I personally prefer the look of the curved leaves and thats the tallest mine gets, I just think it looks more natural that way. Sometimes it will need a trim tho. But yeah they should start spreading in no time!

I personally prefer the look of the curved leaves and thats the tallest mine gets, I just think it looks more natural that way. Sometimes it will need a trim tho. But yeah they should start spreading in no time!
Yeah I like that look too, and i'm sure it'll look better once it starts filling in too. I'll probably wait to add my corys to give all my plants a chance to establish

Back
Top Bottom