Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha ya they can get 24+ inches! Thats a big *** fish! Name your 5 favorite fish.

Yeah thats huge! And I have no idea on my five favs! There are soo many!

I really like peacock/hap cichlids, those are cool, like check out the Otopharynx lithobates Zimbawe Rock. I think thats cool! I also like just about any discus, they are all amazing lol. And then I'm not sure...there are soo many!

I wouldn't even give it a say with cougars and coyotes hunting with the 105 degree heat not a day

Yeah thats huge! And I have no idea on my five favs! There are soo many!

I really like peacock/hap cichlids, those are cool, like check out the Otopharynx lithobates Zimbawe Rock. I think thats cool! I also like just about any discus, they are all amazing lol. And then I'm not sure...there are soo many!

Mine are

Excichlasoma festae
Parachromis motag
Cichlasoma salvini
Parachromis manguenisis
Parachromis freddie

Haha ya they can get 24+ inches! Thats a big *** fish! Name your 5 favorite fish.

1. Plecos

2. Tiger barbs

3. Labeo black sharks

4. Datnoids

5. Snakeheads

Also, we had a guy come into the lfs asking for what would be compatible with his african cichlids. He was with who I imagined were his roommate and his girlfriend(?) one of my coworkers told him: "more african cichlids." With the straightest face. The guy turned to his gf and said "I hope they take them off our hands because if they don't, I'm flushing these **** cichlids down the toilet" he was joking but still.. He went on about saying he couldn't put anything in his freakin tank without it getting murdered XD

1. Plecos

2. Tiger barbs

3. Labeo black sharks

4. Datnoids

5. Snakeheads

Also, we had a guy come into the lfs asking for what would be compatible with his african cichlids. He was with who I imagined were his roommate and his girlfriend(?) one of my coworkers told him: "more african cichlids." With the straightest face. The guy turned to his gf and said "I hope they take them off our hands because if they don't, I'm flushing these **** cichlids down the toilet" he was joking but still.. He went on about saying he couldn't put anything in his freakin tank without it getting murdered XD

Lololololololol i love that story haha.

1. Plecos

2. Tiger barbs

3. Labeo black sharks

4. Datnoids

5. Snakeheads

Ha! Thats hilarious! Its almost completely true though! The best tankmates for africans are more africans!

I'm 18. :/ Almost 19 haha. I wish I were young again... Good to see younger generation actually being passionate and doing some good in their life, versus the many teens that just create trouble because "It's funny yo."

I'm 18. :/ Almost 19 haha. I wish I were young again... Good to see younger generation actually being passionate and doing some good in their life, versus the many teens that just create trouble because "It's funny yo."

You just described my friends. Do you have any tanks setup?

1. Plecos

2. Tiger barbs

3. Labeo black sharks

4. Datnoids

5. Snakeheads

Lol. What do you expect from cichlids. Who really flushed cichlids down the toilet. Goldfish is ok. But cichlids are a lot more special than that.

Hi. My name is Jordan. I am 14 and I live in Texas. I currently have 3 tanks running and I am starting on a poison dart frog vivarium.

Thats sweet bro. What kind of fish? Dont touch the frogs haha.

I have a lot.

55 gallon
2 angelfish
1 pearl gourami
5 Congo tetras
5 panda cories
1 brissle nose pleco

10 gallon
5 rummynose tetra
3 guppy
1 sparkling gourami
10> RCS