Teen aquarists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been meaning to get one but my hose tied to some dowel has been doing the trick for me to siphon my tanks. Love to taste their water too ?

I have just set up a 5gal for my first ever betta! I only found out three days ago that my friends were getting me a betta for my birthday so I had to quickly through something together. It's a crypt only tank that I have been thinking about for a while. Hope you enjoy ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418365172.912810.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418365227.978838.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418365318.865903.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418365375.093435.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418365480.221610.jpg
I'm crazy about this guy been just sitting there watching this guy hoping he will get use to my presence so I can eventually teach him tricks and so forth.

Substrate: river sand
Flora: crypt walkeri, the mystery potted crypt you get at a commercial store (labeled potted crypt parva) no way the large crypts at the back are parva...more likely some wendtii variation. And there is also a crypt balansae
Fauna: betta-crown tail, planning on getting some mts
Have just a general desk lamp that is full spectrum that should provide enough light with crypts. Filter is an aquaone mini was going to get a Hagen mini but due to the speed in which I needed to setup the tank I had to run to a local store and couldn't buy online. Also got some Osmocote root tabs in there.

I went for a river style theme which I know doesn't suit the betta but the flow from the filter with the spray bar at the highest setting doesn't push him around. He hides then comes out for a quick burst and back to the cover of the crypts.

The only time I'd get a betta of is if I found an all white elephant ear

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I said if hahah... My mom would never allow me to get another tank. Although I did see a nice fluval chi on Craigslist.

Thai breeders they have through their selective breeding now have gold Bettas...
I'm more into shorter finned Bettas but I've never seen anything other then crown tails at any stores in Australia. Other then one place that likes to import rarer fish and had wild caught betta pairs for like $300 a pair. They now jellyfish in for sale...but charge an arm and a leg.

While we're speaking of bettas... Here's my little guy!

Second picture, top row in the middle looks like a tiny koi

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

This is my betta, the one and only Fred

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418429345.496206.jpg

He's very photogenic.

I'm a college student in NY so I'm super poor when it comes to buying stuff I want. This is my Fluval Chi that I recently set up (been doing the drystart method for my Dwarf Baby Tears) Need some help deciding on what to put in the blank spaces, any recommendations? No animals in the tank yet, but it'll most likely be shrimp only (planning on getting Blue Pearl Shrimp :D).
10806191_10205568811999123_2387585056929972963_n.jpg
10857938_10205568811719116_4318938657289765499_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom