Territorial Behaviour of Neon Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tetras can be a bit aggressive against each other on territory, but this has very low impact. They do not necessarily interact as a school if they are not frightened. However, if this goes too problematic, it could be a problem with overcrowdiness and/or water problems. Maybe you could give us some details.

I've certainly seen neon aggression, but I'd never characterize it as territorial. Neons tend to fly at each other in any part of the tank, and don't really guard a "territory" IME.

They'll certainly be aggressive, and this is usually the case in groups of <6. The larger the group, the more they tend to school, and the more they cease to badger each other. How many do you have in your tank?

I had 4 neons for a while. One of them seemed to have picked a "prime real estate spot" (in the shadow of a piece of mopani wood in a heavily planted area of the tank and has been defending it. I added 2 more to the tank and this behaviour still continues. It chases other neons away from its spot.

This seemed to coincide with the water params finally stabilizing at gH=3, kH=4 and pH ~6.8-6.6 which, to my understanding, ideal for neons. Prior to that, the pH was near 7.5. Is this neon guarding its "nest" ?

Additional info:
==========
Planted tank
25G
3.7 Watts/Gallom
DIY CO2 = 20-30 ppm
kH= 4
pH = 6.6-6.8
gH = 3
1 adult + 2 juvenile platys
6 neon tetras
2 Otocinclus cats