Tetra stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Haleylaura94

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,
I am currently running a 45 gallon bow front with tons of live plants. I am just getting back into the hobby after taking a few years off.

How is my stocking? I have 6 kuhli loaches, 3 white skirt tetras, 3 black skirt tetras, and 6 neon tetras.

I was hoping to add 6 more neons if it’s not too much. I do weekly water changes.

I don't keep much in the way of tropical fish like that, but it seems to me your current stocking is pretty light. More neons prob wouldn't hurt imo. As long as your water parameters are in check

Assuming you have an approptiately sized filter, you can comfortably double your school of neon tetras. I would also double the numbers of black + white skirt tetras. They will all be happier in larger numbers, and your tank is plenty big enough.

Assuming you have an approptiately sized filter, you can comfortably double your school of neon tetras. I would also double the numbers of black + white skirt tetras. They will all be happier in larger numbers, and your tank is plenty big enough.
Thank you! I am running a Marineland 30-50 gallon filter with the penguin biofilter 200 and have had no issues. I will look into slowing adding more tetras :)

Back
Top Bottom