the best looking of all my convict fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

convict78

Aquarium Advice Regular
the biggest and best looking of all my convict fry.i was going to give her to a friend but im having second thoughts.i upgaded to a 65 gal hex,and switched to sand

Attachments

• DSC012731.jpg
    DSC012731.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC012771.jpg
    DSC012771.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 431
  • DSC012701.jpg
    DSC012701.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 112
You got some nice looking convicts there. I really like the way the sand looks, with so many people using sand I might have to switch eventually. Did you use pool filter sand or something else? Looking good!

You got some nice looking convicts there. I really like the way the sand looks, with so many people using sand I might have to switch eventually. Did you use pool filter sand or something else? Looking good!
i couldnt find pfs so i settled on play sand.it is good but it is light and gets sucked up in the vac.but other then that i will never go back to gravel

I just bought a 2nd 55 gallon today.. and I'm definitely using sand instead of gravel. After research, I'm going to use Playsand for sandboxes, etc. Glad I have today off - I figure cleaning the 50 pound bag of sand, and putting water in the tank will have me tired... hah.

OP, Your convicts look great. I have one convict in my tank, and I'm kinda attached.. my only SA fish, the rest are all A fish.

Eirmml.jpg

Eirmms.png

Ugh convicts lol. I bought two of them to experiement breeding with them. Now I cannot get rid of them. I'm starting to give them away, they eat too much and wasting a perfectly good 55G lol.

Ugh convicts lol. I bought two of them to experiement breeding with them. Now I cannot get rid of them. I'm starting to give them away, they eat too much and wasting a perfectly good 55G lol.
i have kept one spawn,i planned on keeping more but it was so much trouble finding a home.every two weeks i get a new spawn and the parents go crazy chasing around the first borns so i take the eggs out and feed them to my black ghost

i have kept one spawn,i planned on keeping more but it was so much trouble finding a home.every two weeks i get a new spawn and the parents go crazy chasing around the first borns so i take the eggs out and feed them to my black ghost

Now you see why people use them as feeders. by the way, are you ever gonna start up that project again with the community tank and convicts?

Now you see why people use them as feeders. by the way, are you ever gonna start up that project again with the community tank and convicts?
uh no! i tried to use some as feeders when they were small but the black ghost wouldnt eat them.i got them all out except for one,the little guy is impossible to get out and he chases the other small fish i have.

Convicts do NOT get along with community fish. Did I misread that?

sounds like an experiment similar to dropping a hand grenade in a crowd of people lol... convicts arent only named for their stripes... theyre also mean like most convicted felons lol

well when i first tried it,it was with the only suvivor of my first batch of fry .so it didnt grow up with other convicts like my other batch has.and not that i would try again but the first fry wasnt mean at all to any of my other fish,but he was done in by a parasite.the second try they were aggresive right away.

Honestly, i did not think it would work because you can't change the biology of the fish even though i figure there is only one way to learn and to discover new things is to experiment. So more power to him.

Back
Top Bottom