The Forty Gallon Breeder Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
George9 said:
Beautiful fish! I got a few boesmanis myself and I was disappointed because it didn't have much color, but it colored up as they get older! Yours look great!

Thanks! :)

If they're in a school, have some good lighting, they're going to be looking great in a few weeks! :)

German Blue Rams are such pretty fish.

They remind me alot of mature MALE pearl gouramis. Similar characteristics with their colours and beautiful finnage and patterns.

Bubble_B0y said:
German Blue Rams are such pretty fish.

They remind me alot of mature MALE pearl gouramis. Similar characteristics with their colours and beautiful finnage and patterns.

Thanks! I love my GBRs, especially the male, he's one of the best looking fish in the tank! :)

I was thinking maybe I could get rid of both the gourami pairs and add a pair of pearl gouramis instead...after everyone is moved and comfortable in a few months though :)

Thanks! I love my GBRs, especially the male, he's one of the best looking fish in the tank! :)

I was thinking maybe I could get rid of both the gourami pairs and add a pair of pearl gouramis instead...after everyone is moved and comfortable in a few months though :)
I have always wanted pearls. Gorgeous fish. If only I had 12 more tanks, then I think I could finally start getting a small fraction of all the fish I want. :brows:

RamBlue1.jpg

2011-03-11_113403_Trichogaster_Le.jpg

I love how they have similar patterns of dots.
I think they would look great together in a tank. Their colours really compliment each other.
And they both occupy different levels of the tank (gourami - top/middle, rams - bottom/middle)

RamBlue1.jpg

2011-03-11_113403_Trichogaster_Le.jpg

I think they would look great together in a tank. Their colours really compliment each other.
And they both occupy different levels of the tank (gourami - top/middle, rams - bottom/middle)
Are those both yours? How awesome looking. I totally agree that the colors look great together.:eek:

absolutangel04 said:
I have always wanted pearls. Gorgeous fish. If only I had 12 more tanks, then I think I could finally start getting a small fraction of all the fish I want. :brows:

I know how you feel! My MTS is driving me nuts, with all you talking about the dollar per gallon sale and it's not coming until Dec-Jan. and I can't wait anymore!!!! :D

Bubble_B0y said:

I really do like them. I think they would really round out my stock with all the medium-sized fish in there. :)

Hey guys, here's a few shots of the angel! :)

Unfortunately I think my chocolate gouramis have ick/ich. Not sure. There are little white dots that are appearing on their tails and kind of on the body too. Not a lot but am still concerned. I haven't test the water yet but all the other fish are A-OK, guess chocolates really are sensitive!
Here's a pic:

Attachments

• image-1105898976.jpg
    image-1105898976.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 68
  • image-175712271.jpg
    image-175712271.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 67
  • image-2988942661.jpg
    image-2988942661.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 71
  • image-491833280.jpg
    image-491833280.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 79
Oh and to those who wanted a full tank shot: here's a couple from yesterday :)

Attachments

• image-1579581720.jpg
    image-1579581720.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 83
  • image-2819716263.jpg
    image-2819716263.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 83
  • image-3554690278.jpg
    image-3554690278.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 92
  • image-3670818817.jpg
    image-3670818817.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 80
  • image-2116790573.jpg
    image-2116790573.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 78
  • image-95280078.jpg
    image-95280078.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 87
  • image-2754807829.jpg
    image-2754807829.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 83
  • image-2620036128.jpg
    image-2620036128.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 86
bruinsbro1997 said:
Also-sorry another question!-do amazon swords absolutely need root tabs? I have none. Will it be okay?

It should be fine I have one in a low low low light tank with no ferts of any kind and its doing just fine it's a few years old now

bruinsbro1997 said:
Also-sorry another question!-do amazon swords absolutely need root tabs? I have none. Will it be okay?

I would say no. I have 3 that originated from one (see pic) and I just started using DIY co2. They grow amazing with the right light!!!!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110908_015241.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110908_015241.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 62
I think it will be ok without. I have 2 amazon swords that are big and full and healthy and I do not do anything to them except turn on the light on everyday.:)

attachment.php
attachment.php

i'm usually not a fan of coloured gravel - because it looks unnatural.
BUT, your tank looks really nice !!!!
I love the aquascaping and the plants look really healthy.

about your chocolate gouramis. They are VERY sensitive!
They catch ich even in the most perfect conditions.
They prefer to be in groups (4 or more), otherwise they become stressed.

Bubble_B0y said:
i'm usually not a fan of coloured gravel - because it looks unnatural.
BUT, your tank looks really nice !!!!
I love the aquascaping and the plants look really healthy.

about your chocolate gouramis. They are VERY sensitive!
They catch ich even in the most perfect conditions.
They prefer to be in groups (4 or more), otherwise they become stressed.

I know, but unfortunately I didn't have enough Eco-Complete to make it look somewhat half black and half blue, but I'm getting more this week :)

So get two more chocolate gouramis?

I know, but unfortunately I didn't have enough Eco-Complete to make it look somewhat half black and half blue, but I'm getting more this week :)

So get two more chocolate gouramis?

only when you have confirmed your other fish don't have ick !
AND
only if you have space in the tank! (what is your current stock?)

Back
Top Bottom