The Forty Gallon Breeder Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
absolutangel04 said:
Hey, is your angel doing better?
I think a dozen rummies in there too is too much. I have 6 and they school perfectly and show bright colors and seem to do very well. :) I think you should stick with 6 or 7.

What about eight? Then I won't ask for anything else and try to give the espei away.
Angel is doing better. It seems that he/she is only aggressive to newcomers. And since the rummies were wild-caught and already in bad shape, they were easy targets for him/her.
I'm going to try to see if other stores around here have them and see if they're wild-caught.

Hahaha you can get 20 if you want!! Haha its up to you. But ya id stick with 7, 8 if you get rid of the espei. And ya hopefully the new rummies can aviod te angel

I advise you to just get 6 or 7. Not 8. :) You have a pretty full stock, so it is better to start with smaller schools and then raise the number a bit later if you feel it prudent. But, just aim at 6 or 7 for now.
When you add new fish, do you feed the residents and turn off the lights before floating the new guys?

absolutangel04 said:
I advise you to just get 6 or 7. Not 8. :) You have a pretty full stock, so it is better to start with smaller schools and then raise the number a bit later if you feel it prudent. But, just aim at 6 or 7 for now.
When you add new fish, do you feed the residents and turn off the lights before floating the new guys?

Okay. Seven it is :) If in a month or two all is sound a couple more and the tank is finally complete. :)
I drip acclimated them for an hour, and then introduced them one by one with the tank lights turned off. I fed the fish that morning.

i agree, not much space. 7 or 8 at the most. the espei will school with the rummies in days. my cherry barb schooled with my rummynoses in minutes.

mr.waffles1842 said:
i agree, not much space. 7 or 8 at the most. the espei will school with the rummies in days. my cherry barb schooled with my rummynoses in minutes.

I could always take out a couple of fish to make room for the rummies if you think thats okay (y)

mr.waffles1842 said:
thatd be fine :). everyone overstocks a bit. but we dont admit it. I know I certainly dont overstock.

(see what i mean?)

Haha I see :)

What fish would you suggest I remove to make room for more rummies???

remind me of your stock again please? sorry, im sick in bed and am too lazy to move back and look for your stock. all im doing is fooling around on my laptop and watchin the fish lol.

Haha I see :)

What fish would you suggest I remove to make room for more rummies???
Do you want to keep the other fish, or re-home them. It would be easiest to put the betta in a different small tank (if you can get one). Re-home the lone rasbora. And if those are not options, I would just rehome a gourami or 2 if you could. Lol, I'm trying to remember your stock!:)

Haha sorry guys here is my stock:
X2 GBRs
X1 angel
X7 pristella tetras
X2 platies
X1 lone rummy
X1 lone espei rasbora
X2 chocolate gouramis
X2 gold honey gouramis
X1 betta
X2 platies
X6 bronze cories

Agreeing with angel on the espei. If you want a larger school, rehome the espei. and also maybe 1 of each gouramis. or even the betta. for that matter, how are the gouramis doing with the betta?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom