The Outdoor Breeding project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have always wanted endlers, moscow black guppy's are relay popular, basically all Moscow's are in demand, but i would do endlers, few lfs have them and the are really popular and awesome, i had to pass up on a group of like 50 that sold for only 12 dollars, beacuse of my anjels

Are there any specific brands of tubs that are made for this sort o thing?

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs

are you breeding for fun or profit?
because how and what you breed will change this answer.
i do both, i need to be able to fund my tanks, but breeding also brings me joy and so does selling my fish to parents with little kids, the kids love the fish they cant keep their eys off them, it also makes me happy knowing it cost the parents about 5 times les to get that smile on their child's faces.

Ok. Sounds good.do those Rubbermaid tubs?

I meant do those Rubbermaid totes work I've seen people use them with success but just wanted to be sure and have multiple opinions

they will work but the walls a taller and so plants wont get as much light, i would to the kiddie pools they are like 10-15 bucks

and the kiddie pools are much bigger you fish will grow faster and you will be able to sell faster

True. What will I do for filtration? I have seen some amazing plant harvests from that kiddie pool idea and I have a lot of miracle gro organic for the root feeders. Plus osmocote plus

well you are looking relay good, i would do a canister filter internal or external, external would work better, don't worry about bio filtration the plants will take car of that, you could also look into green cabomba

We had outdoor kiddie pools full of fish. Have to watch birds and raccoons picking the fish off. You may need some sort of netting. I agree endlers or even goodieds (sp?) They are a neat little livebearer from Mexico. They actually have a placenta attached to the fry when they are born. I was fortunate enough to see some really rare strains recently. I don't know how they would do outside but you rarely see them in the lfs. Orchid endlers are pretty. I saw a lot of moscows for sale today of all colors. Might have to watch market saturation with those after awhile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ha I'll definitely have to devise a screen or lid for the tub/kiddie pool. Mike from DIY aqua pros did a cool project with a kiddie pool and grew a heck of a lot of beautiful plants.

I'd recommend using stock tanks. They cost a little more, but are a great investment in the long run.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

I'd recommend using stock tanks. They cost a little more, but are a great investment in the long run.

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

I was thinking the same but didn't say anything because of the worry about the light and Rubbermaid totes.

Stock tanks? Are those just regular glass tanks?

Stock tanks? Are those just regular glass tanks?

They are water troughs for livestock. I'd use the plastic ones rather than the metal.

Fishobsessed7

Ohh I've seen those before. What are the advantages/disadvantages of them?

They are super sturdy because the are designed to be kicked around and be in super cold and super hot temps.

The only con I can think of is that they are a little be more on the spendy side.

Fishobsessed7

Ha they do seem durable.. But a 50 gallon for 80-90 bucks is too much in my opinion. What about if I get regular ten gallon glass tanks and make racks out of
Cinder blocks?

Did you check craigslist? I see the stock tanks listed for cheap at times.

Back
Top Bottom