Theme tank ideas needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_4_all

Aquarium Advice Addict
We needs your themes to make a comprehensive collection.
Here is what I think should be part of the posts to help others follow the scheme:

A picture of the tank with the tank size including complete dimension
Why you chose the scheme, for the fish, for the look, just had the plants and made it look good?
What you call the theme?
What plants are in it and how many/much if known?
What fish are in your tank and how many?
Why you chose the arrangement?
How much the fish seem to like or dislike the scheme?
Light levels?
What you dose and how much?

Also, if you don't have a scheme or you have an idea of one that you think would look awesome, post the plants, the tank size and why you think it would look really cool.

To kick it off, here are a couple I think would be really cool.

A round leaf theme where clovers, and plants like pennywort are the only ones used. Gives a lot of hiding and resting places for fry and adults. Would be a very nice theme for GBR or other smaller breeders with lots of spawning places and a lof of places for fry to feel safe. Will get a complete list when I can find some more of them.

Second is a fully covered bottom with crypts, clovers, riccia, HC, moss as well as any other ground cover. A very broken bottom with driftwood and rocks to give a massive contour to the bottom and give the different cover plants different levels to grow on. Throw in a couple anubias to break up the corners and middle of the tank if it is a longer tank. Perfect tank for schooling fish along with some Otto's and/or SAE. Also a good theme for shrimp of any kind but would look really cool with red cherry shrimp or other bright colored shrimp to really show of the green against the colors of the shrimp and make it easy to keep track of the shrimp. :wink:

I like the article, have read it a couple times. I am not sure which one I am at yet but is has gone beyond just wanting plants to wanting to create a "look" for my tank that will fit the fish I have. Now that I have enough plant species I can actually try to aquascape.

Alright, come on people. Tell us your aquascape ideas and why you set up your tank that way.

To maybe help others here, I think it would be best to keep this as an informative post and no picking. If you don't know what to call it, just post a picture and describe why you like the plants in that arrangement. Anything will help here.

Back
Top Bottom