TheresaM's first tank build thread: Spec 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Waiting on pictures of the rocks in the tank ;).

I'm waiting for the wood to arrive before I did anything with the rocks but I did get inpatient last night and put one in the tank just to see how it looked :whistle:

img_3200677_0_4068c9ca9b5753e74aaa1ee4bc4ccd1a.jpg

Ugh your pics thoughhh. So jealous. Amazing looking stone and shrimp, awesome contrast.

29g Community

3g Betta

Ugh your pics thoughhh. So jealous. Amazing looking stone and shrimp, awesome contrast.

I'm so glad you said that, the whole contrast thing was what I liked and was hoping for!

The moss cave/tunnel is doing really well so it's definitely going to stay. What I liked about this shot is that you can actually see 3 of the scuds:

img_3200752_0_ecda362a6f423adc32580e26e6018443.jpg

:-D

Yay!!! I haven't decided if I am going to add anything in the 5.5 with the blue pearl shrimp once they get here or not

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

:-D

Yay!!! I haven't decided if I am going to add anything in the 5.5 with the blue pearl shrimp once they get here or not

These and the dwarf amber barbs are incredibly tiny fish, they make some of the shrimp look like monsters!

With the rasboras here I decided to go ahead and put the rocks in the tank, got tired of waiting for the wood to arrive. There are definitely a lot of scuds in there which will be nice once I eventually move the badis in. Lots of exercise walking from one side of the table to the other trying to make sure there's no actual 'back' to the tank.

img_3201675_0_35b17743155407b9c28361c85c2fc3bc.jpg

Very very cool. How is the spec working out? I've heard mixed reviews about the filtration in the back. Everything working out so far? Thinking of one of these for my Betta instead of a 10. Not enough space....sadface

29g Community

3g Betta

I really like how you can view this from three sides. Pretty cool!

Thanks...I was really back & forth on placing it that way. And now back & forth trying to from having an actual front and back.

Very very cool. How is the spec working out? I've heard mixed reviews about the filtration in the back. Everything working out so far? Thinking of one of these for my Betta instead of a 10. Not enough space....sadface

I definitely like the tank, to me it looks larger than it actually is. The setup is similar to my Evolve and because of that I was concerned about the filter output but I don't think that's going to be an issue. The light has to be removed any time I want to do something in the tank, kind of a hassle. Still considering replacing it. I think it would be a nice betta tank though (y)

The micro rasboras went in last night. With then openness of the tank and current lack of plants I thought they'd find a corner and hide but no, they're all over the place! Nice schoolers too.

img_3202332_0_a3abe921b81b03ac8b9cd846bd4ce269.jpg

I really like the simple, clean look of the tank so far...starting to think I might go that route with the plants.

I've heard a good way to do a double sided tank is to think of the middle as the "back" of each side. Plant and hard scape wise.

29g Community

3g Betta

The micro rasboras went in last night. With then openness of the tank and current lack of plants I thought they'd find a corner and hide but no, they're all over the place! Nice schoolers too.

img_3204799_0_a3abe921b81b03ac8b9cd846bd4ce269.jpg

I really like the simple, clean look of the tank so far...starting to think I might go that route with the plants.

They're looking good, I did a test order with batfish yesterday and if everything goes well, I will be ordering the fish for my 3 gallon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice! I heart nano fish especially the boraras so hard!!! ???

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom