TheresaM's tank thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The plant on the right appears to be Ludwigia species 'red' with some green transitional growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sometimes I feel like a little kid. I need this! Hahahaa

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Did I TL;DR what kind of plant is on the right with the gorgeous coloring?

Bonus plant I got in a recent order, Ludwigia but not sure which type :hide:

Salvinia reminds me of hairy duckweed. A bit larger but just as prolific. At first I thought what's the worse that can happen with ONE little plant. When I had it I was using a net every other week to trawl the surface. In lesser light it should be manageable.
There's a member at a local fish club that people take their duckweed to. They greet her with a bag of duckweed at the monthly meetings. She feeds it to her goldfish.
The plant on the right appears to be Ludwigia species 'red' with some green transitional growth.

I really hope I'm not going to regret buying the Salvinia!

Thanks for the input on the plant ID. The stems had been in a holding bucket for a while, I was surprised they kept such nice color. Maybe a half inch of growth since going into the tank. Definitely green but at least it's growing for me! I should probably get some root tabs in there...

Sometimes I feel like a little kid. I need this! Hahahaa

It can be such an addictive hobby, I'm that way when I check out shrimip online :whistle:

CRS should be here tomorrow, very excited about that!

Pics of the jungle and Endlers tanks taken late this afternoon. Each has lights on for approximately 4-5 hours a day.

img_3301580_0_7e51814355d916f6a60c7cd9ef4eeb47.jpg

img_3301580_1_58ad994626730575192a9cddaf0b7193.jpg

Wow, I really love the jungle tank! I really want a tank that looks almost "overgrown" like that. Not in a bad sense, but very natural.

Wow, I really love the jungle tank! I really want a tank that looks almost "overgrown" like that. Not in a bad sense, but very natural.

Thanks so much! It's funny because I originally bought that tank just to hold extra plants and clippings :hide:

CRS arrived today! Very well packaged, ended up getting 12 with no DOAs. This is right after I got them out of the bag and into a bowl (lots of shrimp poop!):

img_3301954_0_257e5ca9ec5beeb08b4684759a46ddd8.jpg

And one in the tank this evening:

img_3301954_1_ffca205f905fb954be188dfa11c43c4d.jpg

I'm impressed with the intensity of their coloring, so very different from Neos. Will try to get some better pics tomorrow.

Congrats on the new shrimp. Impressive coloration!

Thanks! I don't know what I was expecting but I'm so happy with them (y)

A bit of bad news though. The dominant male peacock in the 16g is causing issues again. A few months ago he suddendly had issues with one of the females, ended up taking out an eye and did some other fin and tail damage. I moved her to the Spec 5. She was doing well, healing, then one morning I found that she had jumped out overnight :( The tank had been calm, back to normal, and I noticed the past few days he was quite colored up and chasing the girls again. Unfortunately I didn't put too much into it and found another dead female yesterday. Not sure what I'm going to do. I really don't have any other tank options...aquariums are supposed to be relaxing, right? :blink:

From Han I got cholla wood, IAL, alder cones, dwarf water lettuce, salvinia minima, hornwort, moneywort, and an MK Breed shrimp food sample. Still messing around and trying to decide where I want all the plants to go.

The fish are male neon blue Endlers. The 2 males I recently lost were peacocks with some nice blue markings which is commonly seen in Endlers. Very active and already starting to color up nicely.

They're in the tank. It's been a long time since any new fish were added to there's a lot of activity right now. Camera battery is charging but I hope to get some pics later today.

I also bought a new heater for their tank. I'm quite sure a large percentage of the fry in the grow out are females. The old heater fluctuates more than I'm comfortable with and I need to not only lower the water temp but keep it consistent.

The CRS are doing well, this if from feeding time last night:

img_3303062_0_cd899918c2764381be6ed54d0f932a24.jpg

Good looking out! Stoopid heaters >_< Your collection is so pretty! I'm really glad you share with us :)

Nice shrimpyy party!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom