thinking of building a sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

errdivideby0

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been thinking a lot recently of building a sump for my 75G with money that I've gotten from graduation. Also, what is a good design for one? I know that there are a lot out there and basic designs and that but how exactly should I go about it (Chambers, sizes, etc...) I want to be able to put my heater, skimmer, and all that jaz in there. Also would a 20g long be a big enough sump for my tank?

Marc's Hidden Treasure

Great web site. Explains all about sumps and how to build one. Sells them as well if you don't want to do it your self. Roam around his site for a while and it will tell you everything you need to know.

Great site. That is pretty much how I got started with acrylics as well.

Acrylic makes a very nice sump/fuge without question. If you are looking to keep cost down, there is nothing wrong with using a glass tank with baffles you glue in yourself. Many here have had great success with that.

I just built a 50 gallon sump for my 75, starting from a Rubbermaid container. Looks pretty terrible though and won't fit under a stand :)

On the plus side though, a 50 gal Rubbermaid is $20 or less.

Back
Top Bottom