Thumper828 75 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha yah it is, i can almost control the ramp phase with my mind! Who needs expensive controllers?!?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Smoke break

20140814_172057.jpg

Its bright,good spread,..I am really pleased Ithink this is the pic with both Sat+ and ecoxotic on..i take my time with some better pics in a bit..It was a long day.

Attachments

• 20140814_172057.jpg
    20140814_172057.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 84
Looks good! You have a lot going on in there though. I wish the same plants were together instead of all spread out.

Looks good! You have a lot going on in there though. I wish the same plants were together instead of all spread out.

I am definitely with you on that Fish,..all those plants came out of the old 36...I am looking hard on TPT and the classified here in hopes of finding a nice plant package fairly reasonable. I really want to add some Limnophila aromatic, Rotala, and a few others I cant remember..lol I was trying to fill in empty spaces...

I am definitely with you on that Fish,..all those plants came out of the old 36...I am looking hard on TPT and the classified here in hopes of finding a nice plant package fairly reasonable. I really want to add some Limnophila aromatic, Rotala, and a few others I cant remember..lol I was trying to fill in empty spaces...

So are you planning on a rescape basically? I sort of meant that the plants looks great and healthy but haphazardly thrown in the tank. Hard to say that nicely :lol: Its not bad i guess i just mean it would be better, in my opinion, if it had fewer plant types and more organized.

I'm sure i misunderstood you though and you meant are going to do a rescape with new plants. :D

I like it, than again im not all that great at scapes:( thumper, pm me if you want some rotala rotundifolia or walichi..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So are you planning on a rescape basically? I sort of meant that the plants looks great and healthy but haphazardly thrown in the tank. Hard to say that nicely :lol: Its not bad i guess i just mean it would be better, in my opinion, if it had fewer plant types and more organized.

I'm sure i misunderstood you though and you meant are going to do a rescape with new plants. :D

+1 I almost typed the same thing. Consolidate the plants into common groupings. For instance, crypts normally form mounds of growth (and spread out via runners as well). Same with the tall stem plant (Bacopa spp) in the back. Once you've done this, you'll have a better idea of what gaps you need to fill in terms of size and color.

Lots of bright light from those fixtures!

That sounds great guys..I need all the help you guys are willing to offer. I definitely am planning a major rescape once I acquire some plants..In the mean time what can I do with what I have to make it look better..? Consolidate my plants I know what about the hard scape..?

That sounds great guys..I need all the help you guys are willing to offer. I definitely am planning a major rescape once I acquire some plants..In the mean time what can I do with what I have to make it look better..? Consolidate my plants I know what about the hard scape..?

Idk. I am awful with hardscape. The rocks I put in usually become hidden because of the foliage or stick out like a sore thumb. You may want to experiment with using the rocks to create a raised corner. The DW looks nice.

I'm guessing crypts are fern bushes. They look like it to me actually.

And yeah just look at some Dutch tanks for ideas.

sorry for the confusion I meant moss bushes..I got 2 bushes of peackock and a couple of java moss...

Oh, I see. I no longer have as much moss in my planted tank because it was an algae magnet. That was a while back. I suppose as long as they do NOT look like they are spaced exactly X inches apart then it would be fine. Symmetry in some cases can be distracting.
Are those longfin danios in there? I bought some a few years ago thinking that they would be "slower" (less spastic) than their regular finned counterparts. I was wrong.

Nice to see that the e-Series has landed! Tank looks very well lit with both those fixtures. Reds are popping too.

Edit:
Try Google image and look up Dutch Aquascape. I know that they don't usually incorporate a hardscape, but i think you can gain some benefit to emulating some of the color separation, bunching of plant species, and contrasting colors and textures. Not that your tank looks bad or anything. It's just that little extra can help elevate this scape to another level, IMHO.

Last edited:
Oh, I see. I no longer have as much moss in my planted tank because it was an algae magnet. That was a while back. I suppose as long as they do NOT look like they are spaced exactly X inches apart then it would be fine. Symmetry in some cases can be distracting.
Are those longfin danios in there? I bought some a few years ago thinking that they would be "slower" (less spastic) than their regular finned counterparts. I was wrong.

Yes they are the leopard long fins..the seemed to have calmed down pretty good since they are in a bigger cage.....

Nice to see that the e-Series has landed! Tank looks very well lit with both those fixtures. Reds are popping too.

Edit:
Try Google image and look up Dutch Aquascape. I know that they don't usually incorporate a hardscape, but i think you can gain some benefit to emulating some of the color separation, bunching of plant species, and contrasting colors and textures. Not that your tank looks bad or anything. It's just that little extra can help elevate this scape to another level, IMHO.

Hey B..! I really like the E-series. I would just about say if one were to scoot it toward the back about 2/3 of the tank one could get away with just having one fixture. I am gonna run both for a while, sat+ coming on for a 3-4 hr. burst, for a bit, until I see if algae if gonna be a problem.. I cranked up the co2 and dosed a couple mils. extra of pps pro just in case....

I have been looking at some dutch style tanks..I got to get my sleeves wet this weekend...

Thanks for all the help guys/gals.....

Back
Top Bottom