Todd's 60 Gallon Reef Cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've decided to get two Jebao RW4s and totally redo the aquascape. It's not going to work as it is and I want more room to add corals. I'm going to try and do it all towards the end of the month. Hopefully all the change does not lead to catastrophe.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've decided to get two Jebao RW4s and totally redo the aquascape. It's not going to work as it is and I want more room to add corals. I'm going to try and do it all towards the end of the month. Hopefully all the change does not lead to catastrophe.

Been there done that a couple times already with my 40b. Just try to to get frustrated and take a small break every once and a while. It will all work out! Best of luck. (y)

I'm actually excited about redoing it, as I liked the look of the aquascape, but some of the rock was not good for adding corals, especially Zoas, to. I've got rock in my son's 60g now that I will swap. I'm just a little nervous about pulling everything out and killing something.

Still have not found the time to redo the tank, but did pick up this Yellow and Purple wrasse yesterday. It's about 2" and has already made itself at home. It never stops moving, so the iphone pics aren't the best...
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg579/Todd_Huff/2015-05/9E8C874C-B420-4482-9422-E59FC8FCA317.jpg

Cool fish! Wasn't sure what it was so I looked it up. Looks ALOT like the yellow Chrysus wrasse except the purple belly. It appears to be a Halichoeres trispilus.

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg579/Todd_Huff/2015-05/D546A283-4C0C-4E57-9094-C77E7166F437.png

This is what I found. I looked it up at the LFS because I was not sure either. It has the cool markings like Banana wrasses do on the face, it just doesn't show in the picture. I just wanted to be sure it would not get huge and was reef safe. :) Apparently as they mature, they lose the yellow and it turns pink.

Nice, I'll have to look up the adult one. Not sure of the species I posted. Guess that's what happened when you trust Google. :)

I had one until it went MIA. A fun fish to watch and it was quite the piggish eater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it's been s long time since I've updated this, but not a whole lot has been going on. I got a Kole Tang a few weeks back from a tank I helped break down. That went missing and I just found my Borbonius Anthias dead. Then, a few minutes later, the Yellow Wrasse that I have not seen for probably five weeks shows up. Very strange.

It is over 2 hours from home. We are at D-land today and leaving after. Of course this store is the opposite direction.

I found someone else a few weeks back that can get the more rare fishes most of the time, so I may resort to that. They are also about two hours away, but at least they can hold the fish for me.

These really are a lot more impressive in person. It seems the cameras do not pick up the coloring so well.

Not much new to report, but I'm trying to update this every once and a while...my corals all seem to be doing good. I've ordered a few Zoas/Palys over the last few months (Rastas, Magicians, Space Queens, and a couple others that I'm forgetting right now). I also got a little Frag of pink gonipora a while back. I just ordered some Sunny D's, Capt Americas, Cornbred Bloodshots yesterday. I found my Chalk Bass all dried up out on my hound's bed. It must have jumped and the dogs thought it was a toy? My hammer is getting big, so I may try to Frag it and se about trading for some other LPS (torch and/or frogspawn). I'll probably get a couple more inhabitants this summer. It's down to just a Cherub Pygmy Angel, Lawnmower Blenny and Yellow/Pink Wrasse now with the loss of the Bass and Anthias.

Sorry for the losses man. We're gonna need some photos of all those goodies though!

My photobucket is acting up. Might need to find another app for photo storage.

I used photo bucket for a long time. It kept messing up on me. I tried others until I found imgur. Been very happy and haven't looked elsewhere since. I've had it a few years now.

It allows you to copy pics onto sites like this? That is my problem with photobucket all of the sudden. I can't get link info. I'm not sure what happened.

It allows you to copy pics onto sites like this? That is my problem with photobucket all of the sudden. I can't get link info. I'm not sure what happened.

You may want to go to the App Store and see if there any updated versions of the photobucket app.
Imgur allows you to copy links and add them to your posts. Typically you would embed the links with IMG tags as opposed to URL tags.

Back
Top Bottom