Tom's 55G Saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just read thru you thread and makes me remember setting up my 55 last year. It gets more addictive as time goes on. My wife also tells me that I drive her crazy by always wanting to go to my LFS. But she doesn't fool me I know that she loves it to.

Haha I believe my girlfriend likes the tank too!!

Someone messages me today locally they're moving and need to get rid if everything in the tank. Here are some pictures they sent me. Should I jump on anything? My current stock is 55 g tank obviously with a fox face 2 clowns and a yellow tang.

image-227885417.jpg

image-2897113260.jpg

image-2293204764.jpg

image-2662692739.jpg

image-1036379587.jpg

image-2230986769.jpg

Haha I believe my girlfriend likes the tank too!!

Someone messages me today locally they're moving and need to get rid if everything in the tank. Here are some pictures they sent me. Should I jump on anything? My current stock is 55 g tank obviously with a fox face 2 clowns and a yellow tang.

That box fish is gorgeous, but I would be too scared of it nuking the tank. Looks like there might be a torch and/or frogspawn in there and a good sized Kenya tree (maybe?). And is that a rock anemone? That might be cool. Might wanna get those if you can. Im no coral expert, thats for sure, but if those are correct IDs, I'd try for those. The powder blue needs bigger than a 55g, and you shouldn't add another clown to your tank.

Yes, double sided sticky tape that came with them. I think it looks better without them. Not sure what i think of it yet. i cut out little doors 1 on each side of the tank but when i do zip tie them back together the front is going to be too short and i think its going to fall down and not reach the lip on the front of the tank if you follow me.

on a sour note, my fox face that i acclimated in to the tank doesnt seem to be doing well, by this I mean he is not active at all. sits in the back of the tank or slips inside a crevice in the rock. spiked up 75% of the time and when i feed once per night (mysis, bloodworm, frozen brine, every 2or3 days a peice of nori) i have not seen him eat either. maybe 3 or 4 little frozen brines the 2nd or 3rd day i brought him home. I hope he snaps out of it, I am going to test my paramaters tomorrow.

You can go to home depot and get sink adaptor a brut 40 gallon container that's were you store fresh water for top off made fro Ro/DI system also you can get a float valve for ato auto top off have 10 gallon tank filled with fresh ro/di water or a brut container with fresh water fir top off research and chose what method you would like hope this will help you good luck and Niger the better on tank go big lol that what's my plan

just brought home a six line wrasse and a royal gramma. The six line i have seen swimming around but cant find him now and the royal is sitting behind the pump for my hob reef octopus simmer. they have been in the tank for about 5 hours, hopefully by next week i'll see them swimming around with the other fish. the fox face still hides but have seen him out more and more as the days go on.

pics will come when i can snap a good one maybe tomorrow if theyre not hiding.

Cool additions. I got a foxface a week ago and he's very docile, more than my firefish is and was when I first introduced him. I haven't seen him really eat, but he's been picking at algae(he spits it out though). Hopefully ours both find the courage to come out more often!

Cool additions. I got a foxface a week ago and he's very docile, more than my firefish is and was when I first introduced him. I haven't seen him really eat, but he's been picking at algae(he spits it out though). Hopefully ours both find the courage to come out more often!

Awesome indeed!

I know, I am starting to not like this fish only because I never get a chance to see him! My yellow tang for a couple days always hid when I came in to the room and now hes swimming around all the time with my clowns(that stay on the right side of the tank) Hope we see them snap out of it !

so just a little update, i finally found parts for my ro/di machine. made a bunch of water and currently topped of my tank. I am going to do a water change next weekend and then I go on vacation from Dec9-16. I'm going with my girlfriend and her family to FL. exicted for that.

My skimmer has been, well skimming. I am unsure of the proper height to put the box. It's the reef octopus bh-100. Seems to be doing well about 20-25% gook built up inside. I'm going to empty it during my next water change, again next weekend.

My current stock:
Yellow tang
FoxFace
2 Occ. Clowns
Six Line Wrasse
Royal Gramma
1 Cleaner Shrimp
1 Peppermint shrimp
1 sand sifting sea star
1 Turbo snail
2 mic. snails

I have to get more of a CUC going, detris/diatoms have been building up. I am thinking about getting more fish after the holidays blow over.

I am looking for color and reef safe since I have 2 feather dusters, torch, bubble coral, mushrooms & misc. zoa's.

What are some active colorful fish I can add.
Thanks in advance! :cool:

will do. I'm thinking about getting 3 blue/green chromis first and then the flame. Reefs2go has them for 1.99 ea. and my lfs has them for more, probably because they are bigger in size right?

will do. I'm thinking about getting 3 blue/green chromis first and then the flame. Reefs2go has them for 1.99 ea. and my lfs has them for more, probably because they are bigger in size right?

Probably. IME, the bigger the fish, the more they cost. You gotta figure in shipping costs too, though. See which way ends up being cheaper. :)

All dwarf angels are hit or miss with reef safe. But most of them just like one specific kind of coral.

Dwarf angels are definitely hit or miss in regards to coral. Mine at brain, zoas, nipped at the birdsnest. He liked almost all of them. I had to try though. :) and it gave me a reason to start the FOWLR- so I had a place to put him!:)

Dwarf angels are definitely hit or miss in regards to coral. Mine at brain, zoas, nipped at the birdsnest. He liked almost all of them. I had to try though. :) and it gave me a reason to start the FOWLR- so I had a place to put him!:)

I like the dwarf angel but I guess I might have to hold off because I do not have the funds to start up another tank lol. 3 chromis it is next and a goby just not sure which one. then I'm done.

Back
Top Bottom