Tom's 55G Saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
any input on the above fuge? Also finally got the timers working correctly for the lights. I'm running the actinics from 1 hour before and 1 hour after. the main lights are on from 11am-8pm. Is this okay?

Secondly, I was looking at Purple Up. Some of the live rock i got from a co-worker has some color on it already. I want coraline algae along the back wall i think it's just beautiful. Would this help? Is it worth it?

Lastly, I have a spare bucket/tote. I want to do some sort of ATO so I dont have to keep manually filling water in to the tank. How can I set this up ? What's needed? Links would be great!!

bump on the purple up? I got the lights workin ok so thats good. Still thinking about an ATO if it's affordable or else Ill just manually keep pouring ro water in. Currently, i have 2 powerheads 1 on each side of the tank facing eachother. I just noticed they are 250gph. Should i upgrade these? I saw 800gph and they have magnetic attachments instead of suction cups which i thought was easier and more convenient if I ever have to move them for any reason. Here's a link: Circulation Pump Wave Maker 800 GPH Aquarium Reef Powerhead Magnetic Mount | eBay

Personally, I'm not a fan of the purple up. My hubby wanted me to use it a while back because he wanted rocks to be purple faster, but I only did a couple doses and then stopped. I don't like adding anything to my tank that isn't necessary. So I don't know if it works or not.

As far as the PHs, in my my 55 I have two 700gph and one 500gph, so you adding an 800gph definitely won't be too much flow. :)

I'm not necessarily worried about the rocks to be purple some of them already are but that's how I got them from another person. I want coralline algae covered on the back wall :)

I just started dosing purple up a few weeks ago to also get my back glass covered. I'm almost through one small bottle and it is difinitly working. Thumbs up on that product.?

It works I been tryna get some for my new setup but hard to find at my Lfs just ordered some

Sweet. That's good then ill try it out after 6 months if it doesn't grow naturally. On the plane now to Florida from Long Island. Gunna be fun!

If your interested in some cool snorkeling spots to observe critters. I heard Sebastian Inlet and Peanut Island are great.

You could see Blennies, seahorses, sponges, angels, eels, puffers, Butterfly fish, Atlantic Tangs, sea hares, damsels, Anemones, Sgt Majors, Urchins, big hermits and Lion fish.

t1 Palm beach inlet rocks right near peanut island . I happen to live about 10 min away this summer was great. Water is pretty clear now. Depends on directions of waves but temp is nice.

I'm in Orlando in a time-share hotel with my girlfriend and her family. I'm having an awesome time so far. 10 minutes from Disney hope to go to sea world just hoping the boss wants to go. I'm 25 but the little kid in me is starting to come out with just all memories from my childhood.

Worried about my tank at home. I convinced my brother to take care of it. Did a water change before I left and gave him directions on feeding until I get home Sunday. Hope everything's okay and the tank is low Maintainence.

Ah, yeah I still love the parks. Don't go very often though, not much for the crowds or heat. That's why going in the winter time is the best. The greater Orlando area has great outdoorsy things to do like natural springs and under water caves if the group of ppl your with are into that.

Yeah I have to go visit my family in S. FL for the holidays and I'm worried about leaving my tank now that I have an anemone. Blerg.

So I had a great time on vacation but upset when i got home. I'm doing a water change this evening when I get home from work but one of my clowns has ich really bad. I tried to snap a pic but it was hard sorry about that. I have a 10 g that I have to empty it has sand and water still from the very first tank I had there's no fish in it or anything I'd assume I have to put him in here and treat him somehow. What do I do? Also my royal gramma is no where to be found. Hopefully he pops out tn

image-3679966731.jpg

Back
Top Bottom