Two more unknown african cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mordred_

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What the heck kind of african cichlid is this? At one time I bought some Eureka Peacocks and some "Sunshine" peacocks.

Are either of these looking like its a possibility? The dark gray/gold tip is about 4.5" inches. and the lighter gold one is about 2.5" (sorry about the blurred shot, he hardly ever shows up and is really skittish).

Again, thanks!

Attachments

• John_doe6.jpg
    John_doe6.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 63
  • John_doe5.jpg
    John_doe5.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 65
i would check the site i gave you, i dont know if it would help, but if not im sure you will discover some other cichlids that strike your interest. i love going through the gallery over and over, everytime i find another cichlid i like. some many to pick from, anyways i have know idea what kind it is but like i said you may beable to find it on this site http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/african_cichlid_genus_gallery.php

Whenever they have the "find species by characteristics" I have no idea how to fill it out. So its pretty much go down the gallery and hope that they have a photo of the juvenile/male/female for each cichlid and that I am conscious enough to notice it by the time it shows up in that long list.

The one on the right looks similar to a Sunshine peacock IMO. Hard to tell as alot of juvie Peacocks look similar...atleast to me. :) It could be a juvenile Eureka too.

The one on the left isn't familiar to me. Never seen one that dark. Its definitely not a Eureka and not a Sunshine IMO.

I agree the juvenile has potential to be the only remaining sunshine in my tank. It's the big bulky grey/gold one that has me baffled.

Must be an african lake trout...<grin>

Back
Top Bottom