two tanks one filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samthefishman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 5g tank with no filter and it homes my large male crayfish. In my other tank I have two guppies and an unknown amount of baby crayfish. I tend to move the filter from one tank to the other whenever I can.

This can't be healthy for my fish at all. Is their anything else I can do? Obviously buy another filter but as i'm a kid i will have to go and buy one myself and i just bought some ornaments etc for my tank before setting up the two tanks.

I was thinking maybe I could put the big crayfish with the little crayfish but I wasn't sure if my big crayfish would make dinner of the little ones. The little ones are not even an inch yet.

:thanks:

Not sure if the crayfish would eat the other ones, but you're right, moving the liter bak and forth isn't the best or most convenient option. What type of filter is this? I would just get a small HOB filter for the 5g or a little submersible one

I have a 5g tank with no filter and it homes my large male crayfish. In my other tank I have two guppies and an unknown amount of baby crayfish. I tend to move the filter from one tank to the other whenever I can.

This can't be healthy for my fish at all. Is their anything else I can do? Obviously buy another filter but as i'm a kid i will have to go and buy one myself and i just bought some ornaments etc for my tank before setting up the two tanks.

I was thinking maybe I could put the big crayfish with the little crayfish but I wasn't sure if my big crayfish would make dinner of the little ones. The little ones are not even an inch yet.

:thanks:

Filters for tanks like that go for like 15 dollars:) I saw submersible ones, or as previously stated an HOB

Not sure if the crayfish would eat the other ones, but you're right, moving the liter bak and forth isn't the best or most convenient option. What type of filter is this? I would just get a small HOB filter for the 5g or a little submersible one

Filters for tanks like that go for like 15 dollars:) I saw submersible ones, or as previously stated an HOB

The current filter is just an aqua clear 15g filter. I've made a DIY airstone to keep the water moving for now i hpe to get some money and go fish shopping fairly soon.

Back
Top Bottom