URGENT Anubis Nana Petite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sabercat

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got this today and it is currently floating in my tank for the moment. I was told that i cant plan the roots what so ever. But I was reading that the roots will bury themselves, but you have to leave the rhizome exposed. Will someone set the story straight

You can tie it or glue it to rock or driftwood. You can also bury it in the substrate, just leave the rhizome exposed. I have a lot of them, I often just leave them floating till I find a place for them.

You can glue or tie them to driftwood, seashells, or porous rocks like lava rock. Use crazy glue, Cyanoacrylate , the gel kind works best. Dry the rhizome off with a paper towel, add glue, and place on whatever you want. You can also use cotton thread, fishing line, zip ties, or small rubber bands.

You can tie it or glue it to rock or driftwood. You can also bury it in the substrate, just leave the rhizome exposed. I have a lot of them, I often just leave them floating till I find a place for them.

Okay, thank you for the quick response, I was having some troubles trying to attach it to a rock, this sounds much easier to do!

The rhizome itself shouldn't be buried, but the roots that come off it can be.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

I was also reading that I can cut off the roots that are on it currently. And set it on the gravel and it will form new roots "custom" to whatever it is on?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom