Utah anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Found a good place for fish and coral in north salt lake. On highway 89 bird world has a fairly large selection at bird world.

didysis said:
Anyone got a really large tank that they are looking to sell? Talking over 300 gallons

Good luck I found a larger tank on ksl however price and transport and moving all seem to be an issue. Plus I want to have a very nice built stand so I am going to skip the middle man and build a 650 gal cell cast tank 7 ft by 3 ft by 4 ft

I am building my basement right now so i can build the stand and make it whatever I want which is great, I have done wood working also so I am well aware of the build needs. I got the truck and trailer to haul anything so I am find with doing that, I even think I have enough friends LOL, I just have to find the right tank in good shape (y) thats important. I dont want to build a tank, I want a little piece of mind.

Good luck I found a larger tank on ksl however price and transport and moving all seem to be an issue. Plus I want to have a very nice built stand so I am going to skip the middle man and build a 650 gal cell cast tank 7 ft by 3 ft by 4 ft

Utah here too...up in the Cache Valley area. New to the whole aquarium world. Just bought an already established tank and am starting to realize the lady I bought it from was not very knowledgable (even though she claimed otherwise). *sigh* feeling overwhelmed but refuse to give up!

Good filtering. Getting your water parameters to where they need to be is what it's all about. ask me anytime if you need some help. Pm is best. It is really rewarding once things are up and going well. Congrats on getting the tank setup. What size tank is it?

smomus said:
Utah here too...up in the Cache Valley area. New to the whole aquarium world. Just bought an already established tank and am starting to realize the lady I bought it from was not very knowledgable (even though she claimed otherwise). *sigh* feeling overwhelmed but refuse to give up!

didysis said:
Good filtering. Getting your water parameters to where they need to be is what it's all about. ask me anytime if you need some help. Pm is best. It is really rewarding once things are up and going well. Congrats on getting the tank setup. What size tank is it?

30g but am actually considering a 75g I found on ksl for $100. Need to talk to my land lord abt the weight/floor first tho. Thanks for your offer to help...i definitely will prob take you up on that one of these days!
Where are you located? I wish there was some kind of mom/pop lfs here in Logan but there is just Petsmart and Walmart. Anything small like that where you are?

Ya 75 gallons is not to heavy for most any floor. Especially if you place it near a wall. I live in kearns myself. We so have a good bit of places here to buy fish. If you are ever looking for something let me now and I can keep my eyes out for it. And if you want any sp44 red tails I have a good amount of those always. Logan is not too far away at all.

Not sure if i can still post here... Its been dead for more than a year..

Anywho. I live in salt lake city, and looking for fishie friends

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey I'm from Utah too I live in the Herriman area by the copper mine I was wondering of anybody had any native tanks? And if it is legal to take fish for your tank like bluegills?

Hey bettalife.
At the very least, you will likely need a fishing license. I couldn't find anything on Utah's stance, but you're likely not allow to take them from the wild. Community fisheries are your best bet for getting a bluegill- I'd see if you can get ahold of anyone at The Cove at Herriman Springs Pond

Sent from my XT907 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Anyone here interested in buying some fish? I have a male honey gourami, male albino bristlenose, 4 lemon tetras, 6 CPD's, red cherry shrimp and 5 kuhli loaches I'd like to sell. Make me a reasonable offer on any you're interested in. I'm in West Valley

Thanks twolfsbane I will probably just stick to cichlids. It probably wouldn't work out putting them in the tank anyways. But I wonder if you could put crawdads in there to help clean the tank. And there really easy to catch the fishing proclamation says that you can take them for personal non commercial use. But I don't know what tank size they need or what to feed them.

Back
Top Bottom