Water test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have the color charts in front of me so I'll have to skip the pH. The rest, from left to right look 0, 0, and 20-40.
How long has the tank been setup? Fishless or fish-in cycle?

You are pretty much on target. Looks like the tank is cycled or close to it, so keep up with the PWCs and keep those Nitrates down...20 or less IMO.

Thanks everybody for your response. My tank was first set up on 29/3/14. I did a fishless cycle by adding the relevant amount of 35% aquarium ammonia solution. I tested the water daily and wrote down the results. According to my test results on the 14/4/14 the tank was cycled and ready for fish. So my tank has been running with fish in for 7 weeks now. I do weekly water changes and vac the substrate. I recently cleaned the internal filter sponges by rinsing them in the bucket of water from my tank during a water change. This will be done once a month.

Anyway, the reason for this long post is that yesterday I noticed my fish "flashing" against my plants around the gill area. This is really worrying me. It's not constant flashing but every now and again. What could it be from and what can I do to stop my poor fish flashing?

Russ

Flashing could be from anything. And since it's not constant, it simply could just be an itch. White spots aren't always an indicative sign sign to look for as body flukes can begin as small red "pimple like" growths that will wind up having small, thin, white "stringy like" lesions in the end. With that being said, there's really not enough info to go on here and I would suggest to watch them for a few more days. If you notice anything more, then post in the sick fish area with as much info as possible and we can take it from there.

Back
Top Bottom