What bad timing for a vacation!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmcgee

Aquarium Advice Activist
So here it goes. I had an outbreak of ich last thursday while I was at work. When I got home I preceeded to raise the temp to 88-89 degrees to kill it. It wasn't terrible yet but there was enough of it. So before I left for vacation I told my mother to keep an eye on the temps and fish and whatnot just in case one of them died. I already had the temp leveled out so I wasn't too overly concerned about that aspect of it. Well I got home today and found one of my blue tetra's and my yoyo loach dead. (died within the past three hours, that is the last time she checked on them) The rest of the tetra's seem very active now after an immediate water change. My common pleco seems to be doing very well too. My final problem is my clown pleco though. He is very lithargic and seems to have this brown fungus type stuff on him and his fins are not looking totally great. It doesn't look like ich at all and the rest of the fish don't have any on them either. Does anyone know what this might be and what I can do for him. He doesn't look like he is going to make it till morning!!! Guess the moral of the story is to cancel the snowmobiling trip next time the fish get sick.. TIA

He died. He was my favorite of my new fish too. Looks like everyone else is going to survive though. Hopefully that is the end of the death. I'll have to keep my eye out for another one. They are just so different and interesting (even though he hid ALL day long lol)
Tmcgee

man sorry to hear that, I hate it when a fish dies, sorry to hear of your loss, hope the rest of the fish make it

Back
Top Bottom