What can I put in this 5GAL tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks I was actually wondering if killifish would work!

I have Rachovii killi's and they are small and would easily work in that size tank but you can only do one male in a small tank. They would look great with shrimp as the males are very colorful.

Any betta will kill a guppy because of his fins. The Guppies long fins make him look like a threat to a Betta. My betta lived perfect wil a school of neon tetras and 2 Platys and 2 ghost shrimp.

Any betta will kill a guppy because of his fins. The Guppies long fins make him look like a threat to a Betta. My betta lived perfect wil a school of neon tetras and 2 Platys and 2 ghost shrimp.

Yeah I figured that would happen with that mix, I had a betta that would go after my sunbursts (i guess because of the bright colors?) and that was in a 55GAL!

Not "any", but many will attack others, depends on the Betta's personality. I have had several, currently one which started out as pals with a bunch of Fire Tail Red guppy boys and lives with Guppies, and a Pearl Gourami with many other community fish. Also have one which will kill even a little Rams Horn snail since he was a half inch long, he lives by himself!.

My favorite nano fish is the Gulf Coast pygmy sunfish, or elassoma gilberti. They're pretty hard to find but look amazing. You could probably have a group or 3 or 4 of them in there. One male and 2-3 females would be best.

profilepic35736_8.gif

My favorite nano fish is the Gulf Coast pygmy sunfish, or elassoma gilberti. They're pretty hard to find but look amazing. You could probably have a group or 3 or 4 of them in there. One male and 2-3 females would be best.

profilepic35736_8.gif

Pygmy sun fish are so pretty, I love those! Could you keep them with shrimp? I want to upgrade my 2 gal shrimp tank to a 5 gal, and I want to maybe have some fish in there.

Sorry for hijacking! :rolleyes:

Pygmy sun fish are so pretty, I love those! Could you keep them with shrimp? I want to upgrade my 2 gal shrimp tank to a 5 gal, and I want to maybe have some fish in there.

Definitely- although they will most likely eat baby shrimp. They are micro-predators, so they are a bit hard to feed. I usually fed them frozen bloodworms with an occasional treat of live baby brine shrimp.

Definitely- although they will most likely eat baby shrimp. They are micro-predators, so they are a bit hard to feed. I usually fed them frozen bloodworms with an occasional treat of live baby brine shrimp.

Dang, that's too bad.

Try and stay away from those broad answers.! I've had my Betta in a 10 gallon with 5 guppies for the past 6 months and they live each other.

Gorgeous! Maybe I could get my lfs to special order them

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom