What fish for this 5 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandon K.A

Aquarium Advice Freak
What fish would look good in this 5 gallon?

Attachments

• DSCF6514.jpg
    DSCF6514.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 160
6 ember tetras or 12 mosquito aka chili rasbora with two cambarellus shufeldtii crays. Maybe also some blue pearl or blueberry shrimp and a horned nerite.

I had one of those and had a pearl fighter in it. Decorated it tea-party style. You could always get an interesting betta, that's always my first instinct when I pick up a cheap five gallon tank.

I had one of those and had a pearl fighter in it. Decorated it tea-party style. You could always get an interesting betta, that's always my first instinct when I pick up a cheap five gallon tank.
Yeah, bettas are beautiful and come in soooooooo manny wonderful colors. :)

Oh yea. Every shape, size, and color. Just keep out an eye for one that pops out at you. So, Brandon, have you decided on anything or do you need more shout outs?

You could always check out this site. It has a breeder's list of nano fishes, some more uncommon ones.

Nano-Fish

or this one

tiny fish list (around an inch or less) - Vivarium Forums

Granted, some are more suited for a 10g, so Google their names quick to make sure they are good in a 5g.

I recently picked up some pygmy sunfish that are quite lovely. You could do a small group of those in a 5 gal.

Thanks for the suggestions!! I will do some research and take a look at the pet store tomorrow! Thank you! very helpful community!I have Bettas already, however if I see a very nice one then I may pick one up.

Oh yea. Every shape, size, and color. Just keep out an eye for one that pops out at you. So, Brandon, have you decided on anything or do you need more shout outs?

You could always check out this site. It has a breeder's list of nano fishes, some more uncommon ones.

Nano-Fish

or this one

Granted, some are more suited for a 10g, so Google their names quick to make sure they are good in a 5g.

Very helpful links! Thanks! I will have to see what they have at the pet shop tomorrow, but I have some in mind.

Nano-Fish

or this one

Wow, that was a great list! I got some ideas for the next time I set up a nano tank! Those clown killifsh look amazing!

Yeah those killies are really hard to find. They've been out of stock at Franks for many months and I haven't been able to get them on aquabid either.

I changed the tank up a bit. I was wondering, if a common pleco would be ok in my tank for awhile until I can upgrade? I will be going to some pet stores tomorrow and look for some fish as there were no interesting fish today at the fish store downtown.

I pushed the airline behind the filter tube, so it doesn't stick out too much, but this is still pretty much what it looks like.

Tank looks nice. Even a juvenile common pleco's bio load would be too large for a tank that small. And they grow fast, eventually to over a foot long, needing a 130 gallon tank or more.

Hmm, ok thanks for the info. Just strange that my friend had a koi, pleco, and guppies in a 5 gallon. He got rid of the koi, and some guppies died, but his pleco is big and still alive with a few fish. I figured if his pleco can survive in a crowded tank, mine can in a tank.

Back
Top Bottom