What fish would be good to put in a ten gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agree with mumma.of.two! Although maybe one or two more of the tetras depending on the type.

I wouldn't do the bleeding hearts. They get too big. Stick with the torpedo shaped tetras. IMO means in my opinion:)

I'd go look at some if the fish that I suggested or that mumma.of.two suggested. Those will all fit in there. Ember tetras are one of the easiest to find smaller tetras, well at least where I live. Those would be good. Or maybe any of the rasboras that are listed. Those are all very small and would be great additions:)

Gboy66 said:
+1

Aww dont move the little guy! They LOVE huge tanks, dont let the little cup they come in decieve you!! A betta is an AWESOME centerpeice fish!! Add some nano fish, snails, and shrimp and your tank will be better then ever!

Absolutely but it's up to you, I have my betta in a 10g with cories, shrimp, snail, neon tetras,dwarf frogs and even an eel he is so happy!! I even added some floating wisteria and he sleeps on it.

downtowndisorder said:
How about a bloodfin tetra? Or a neon tetra?

Bloodfins, I wouldn't. As for neons they're ok. Another option, others disagree, but cardinal tetras. My friend has some(7) in her tank (29g) and they are still very small and don't swim all too much, and she's had them for a year and a half. I'd do them instead of neons... But it's up to you(y)

Back
Top Bottom