What gender is this pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adog99

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I got this pair of albino Bristlenose Plecos and this is supposed to be the female although I am not sure if it’s a male or a female what do you guys think.IMG_3400.jpgIMG_3398.jpgIMG_3397.jpg

I'm leaning toward male, but a head on shot would help as it looks like there are more bristles than a female would have

I'm leaning toward male, but a head on shot would help as it looks like there are more bristles than a female would have

I wish I had seen this a bit earlier and I wish I could send a head picture but I have just left left town for a bit. Thx for the info tho and I am still on the edge aswell into which gender it is.

Females BN tend to have less/smaller bristles than males. It's also said that females have bristles mostly near the front of their face/nose while males will have bristles going further up their face/head.

Females BN tend to have less/smaller bristles than males. It's also said that females have bristles mostly near the front of their face/nose while males will have bristles going further up their face/head.

IMG_3450.jpgIMG_3449.jpg
Here you go tell me if this gets you a better look

I'm leaning towards female at this point. Bristles seem pretty sparce towards top of face/head and not very big.

I'm leaning towards female at this point. Bristles seem pretty sparce towards top of face/head and not very big.

Ok thx I also have another pleco that I need help on I’ll take pictures of him when he gets out of his cave

Back
Top Bottom