What is the adult size of Gold Nugget Pleco L-18??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lawdawg18

Aquarium Advice Regular
Saw a Gold Nugget Pleco at the pet store yesterday. The clerk at the store said they get huge. Planet Catfish says they get around 6 inches. 6 inches in my 55 would probably be ok. Anybody have or had one that can tell me how big they get? I don't want to have to get rid of it in a few years.

I had one in my 55 for almost a year before it finally succumbed to an ick outbreak in the tank :cry: . I'm keen to get another one. I'm sure 4 inches is about as large as the fish grows. Good luck with it.

You must be careful when identifying Goldern Nuggets, you have the L-018 which is Baryancistrus Sp. from Rio Xingu Brazil, and it grows to 18-25cm. You also have L-085 which is From the same region but grows to 20-25cm.
There is also a L-081 which is a XINGU-ORANGE-SEAM-PLECO which is also from that region and grows to 10-15cm.
There is also a Baryancistrus sp. IRIRI-YELLOW-SEAM from Rio Iriri that reaches 20-25cm.
They are all pretty simular to look at apart from the size of spots and the yellow/gold band on the fins. When they are young the spots a simular in size.

Anyway to look at a small like 2 inch pleco and determine which one it is? Thats a big difference between 10cm and 20cm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom