what is the best bottom eater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bryanfishtanks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I need some help I have 56 gallon & I want to know what is the best bottom eater for my tank?

I would say you want to list your current stock in the tank.... that way nobody suggests something that might not get along with what you already have. :)

I would say you want to list your current stock in the tank.... that way nobody suggests something that might not get along with what you already have. :)

+1
please list your parameters including temp and pH. Even though fish can adjust to pH

Gravel Vac :)

+1. I have kuhlis, cories and plecos- but I gravel vac twice a week with my pwc.

They are great for cleaning up excess food, but then you still have to vacuum up their poop anyway!
And I over feed the tank to make sure everyone gets something, and to prevent aggression. So they poop A LOT! :facepalm:

My 2 favorite bottom feeders are the Pygmy chain loaches and Sumatran neon green kuhli loach

Yeah in all seriousness, if your looking for garbage/organic matter eaters (besides poop, which shrimp/plants can help with), go for loaches.

Back
Top Bottom