What should i do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brospace4

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 55 gal tank, occupied with a firemouth, g t, blue acara, blood parrot, salvini, and rope fish. All are currently juvenile ( cichlids are 2 - 2.5 inches, rope fish is 6 inches) right now my rope fish only accepts beef heart and live fish ( idk if he ate the ghost shrimp) ( not the carni sink pellets or bloodworms) my problem is my rope fish won't eat the carni sink pellets, and I can't feed him beefheart/ live food daily because that's bad for the cichlids, so he's having trouble eating. On top of that, he is bAd at finding food and the cichlids usually eat it right away, and he's kinda afraid of them. Idk if I should get another rope fish ( probably longer cause it's hard to find 6 inch rope fish) or if I should do what. And I'm also looking for another good tankmate if I don't get another rope fish. And I also don't know a good low- current pleco to get . PLEAZ HELP!

Could you use a tank divider to confine your rope fish to one side of the tank? That way he could eat in his own time without the cichlids eating it all up?

I started feeding my oscar and Polypterus(rope fish cousin) nightcrawlers ounces a day I got the idea from a guy who owns a fish shop by me and it seem to be goin good.

Back
Top Bottom