What was your first FW fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What was your first freshwater fish?

• Goldfish

Votes: 45 27.8%
  • Betta

Votes: 31 19.1%
  • Tetra

Votes: 16 9.9%
  • Danio

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Pleco

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Molly

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Platy

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Angelfish

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Barb

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Rasbora

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Loach

• Guppy

Votes: 10 6.2%
  • Other (post below)

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • Mmm...dinner?

• Total voters
My first tank was a 29gal community I put together with my dad (he has kept fish most of his adult life) so my fish were lucky. Started with zebra danios, then added neons and corys and eventually a pleco that ended up in my dads 90gal african tank

I rescued a neglected 15 gallon tropical setup as my first tank. I think the previous owners weren't very educated about how to stock a tank (it had a large common pleco, 4 black widow tetras, 1 neon tetra and 1 black phantom tetra). I didnt really know what I was doing but I still have the pleco to this day.

Black bubble eye gold fish 3 gallon tank .I think i was like 5 or 6 .. Got it at Woolworth .....I had a spot on my head board were we both slept..LOL

Me and my sister got a goldfish each... Hers died after 2 months and mine died after 2 years

I also bought a 10 gallon tank with 2 common goldfish, failing to realise they are pond fish and are not meant for tanks. Lesson learned.

Back
Top Bottom