What Would You Do? Mean Fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmpgop

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have to get rid of 1 four inch Chinese Algae Eater and 1 juvinile Chinese Algae Eater. I got this 10 gallon tank from my sister in law and the tank came with them. I knew nothing about them. Now I do. I would like to get rid of them NOW with no further delay. The big one is rather miserable these days. He hides all day then comes out every now and then to chase the younger CAE.

He hides up and inside a rock so I could catch him by just removing the rock into a bucket - but then what? No one wants these things. What would be appropriate?

I recently read that they are inteded to be feeder fish and are actually sucking loaches - not algae eaters! Not community tank fish. The two of them are Orange/Albino so they are kinda cool looking BUT they are making everything difficult for me between my two tanks.

What would you do?

I would offer them to a local pet store or put them on Craig's list. Somebody must want them as they sell thousands of them, although I wouldn't have them for the same reason you are trying to get rid of yours.

Well - they came with the tank! LOL... I'm *fostering* a 10 gallon tank for my sister in law and that is what got me started in fish. I then bought a 36 gallon to get the other fish out of there. (There were only two but it was a good excuse to have my own tank!) But I'd like to actually use the tank for mollies (one of the original fish who still has to be in there because it doesn't like my Gourami....) I'll try Craig's List and I have offered them to two pet stores - no takers. And I guess she got them at WalMart - they won't take them back because they don't know if they're sick! LOL! But they can sell sick fish all the time, right? Dummies...

Back
Top Bottom