Where to shop online for fish and supplies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ferret_Friend

Aquarium Advice Activist
My local pet store has an ok stock of fish, but they still are a bit lacking. I've looked around aquariumfish.com, and they seem to have a lot to choose from with freshwater fish, but that seems to be about it. Where's the best place to go for equipment, and what's a good site to go to for freshwater AND saltwater fish?

I do all my shopping at my local pet store, which was the first mistake I made getting into this hobby (they know less than I do.)

bigalsonline.com and drsfostersmith.com are the two I use. I buy nothing at the LFS except for live stock.

since ive re-taken up aquaria, ive only bought fish from petsmart (always superb healthy fish) pet supplies plus (accidenty gave me a neocarina blue shrimp that was thrown in with the ghost shrimp) and sadly walmart (rescued an african clawed frog, 4 kissing gourami, and 3 moonlight gourami) all of which made it

liveaquaria.com for fish and either bigals.com or drsfostersmith.com for supplies

I have bought supplies from Bigals.com, drsfosterandsmith.com, and thatpetplace.com. All their prices are in the same range and much lower than the LFS in my area.

I've never bought fish online before but have heard that Aquariumfish.net and Fish2u.com are good. Also check out Aquabid.com.

I use big al's and marinedepot.com

Big Al's has the lowest prices but I live in California so it always takes about 8 days or so for the package to come from New York.

Marine Depot has good prices and they are located in Southern Cali so it only takes a couple of days for my order to arrive. I would use them all the time except they don't have a big selection of products like Big Al's does.

Just my opinion though..if you couldn't tell, I'm pretty impatient :p

Like some of the others here, I have used Drs. Foster and Smith and am very happy with them. If you decide to go with them, send me a PM and I'll give you a good coupon code that I found and used on my last order.

I use Doc. Fosters for supplies and i buy most of my fish from aquabid.com. I have never been disapointed with anything bought from aquabid.

Bigals online is good, however I use Dr. Foster and Smith for equip, and their liveaquaria.com for live stolk. I have not used Aquabid to much but from all the respones I think you get a good feeling of the main ones.

Remember, IMO don't be worried about live stolk from places like liveaquaria.com because the fish at the LFS were shipped. IMO, you cut out the middle man. I do buy fish from the LFS, however when I am lookingh for something they do not have I go online.

I got a gold nugget pleco all went fine and for my new S/W I will be buying all fish from liveaquaria

I only use Big Al's. They have a customer loyalty program where you build up points for discounts. Plus, the price match competitors and knock off an additional 5%. So technically they are the cheapest out there. I did order once from Dr. Fosters and once from thatpetplace because Big Al's didn't have what I needed. We don't buy equipment locally anymore, only fish.

We don't buy equipment locally anymore, only fish
Same goes for me....I don't buy any equipment locally. The only thing I will buy locally is fish and sometimes dechlor if I run out before I can place an order.

Back
Top Bottom