White dot on baby bristlenose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, update. I got an air stone running. I picked up Metroplex and Garlic Guard. Should i just start turning the heat up? I was thinking maybe it would be a good idea to blanch zucchini for the pleco and soak it in Metroplex and Garlic Guard. Seachem website says it should be safe for inverts soaking it with food.

Edit: You guys are going to think i'm going mad but i just took another look at him and the white spot under his eye from this morning isn't there anymore and the 2nd spot on his tail fin is gone too. What in the world is going on... i noticed there is a super small dot on the side of his body as well. That's the last one there...

I suggest that you should just store the meds for another day, and carry on as normal.

I suggest that you should just store the meds for another day, and carry on as normal.

Wouldn't it be funny if this was my sand the whole time? It's playsand so it's a mix of whites, beiges, brown, black. Then again, they were stuck to him for an unusual amount of time.

By carry on as normal, you mean continue with raising the temperature, correct?

Not really. 78 degrees is the general standard for the avg. temp. of a tropical home aquarium. I believe your tank is set on 76 degrees, which is okay. All heat does to the Ick parasite is speed up its life cycle. Keep your temp between 76 - 78 degrees. I really dont think you are dealing with Ick.

Not really. 78 degrees is the general standard for the avg. temp. of a tropical home aquarium. I believe your tank is set on 76 degrees, which is okay. All heat does to the Ick parasite is speed up its life cycle. Keep your temp between 76 - 78 degrees. I really dont think you are dealing with Ick.

My tank was actually at 75f, I thought it was set for 76f. Over the past 4 hours it was increased to 78f, which I think I'm going to keep it at permanently anyway.

What do you think it could be, if not ich? I'm feeding zucchini and normal dry food tonight soaked in garlic guard just in case.

Garlic is said to be a very good probiotic, and a immune system enhancer. If the problem was
Ick, every fish in your tank would be covered by now. The parasite reproduces at an Incredible rate.

Garlic is said to be a very good probiotic, and a immune system enhancer. If the problem was
Ick, every fish in your tank would be covered by now. The parasite reproduces at an Incredible rate.

I'm scared to do nothing and i'm scared to do something that's not needed. What the heck were the spots if not ich...

I rarely have to medicate my tanks, but before I make the decision to nuke them with meds, I'm certain about what pathagen I'm dealing with. Meds can really put a dent in the benificial bacteria, kill the plants, invertebrates, Loaches, ECT.

I rarely have to medicate my tanks, but before I make the decision to nuke them with meds, I'm certain about what pathagen I'm dealing with. Meds can really put a dent in the benificial bacteria, kill the plants, invertebrates, Loaches, ECT.

I understand this. I wasn't even going to buy any medications but I wanted to have something on hand in case something got bad since I can't use my own car to get in. I guess I'll just do more water changes and feed with garlic. Not sure what else I could do..

There's a spot on the underside of one of his pelvic fins that hasn't had a spot before but that's it. His belly looks a little bit fuller today but he didn't eat the zucchini last night, he's more interested in rasping on the catappa leaves.

That "spot" was gone in the afternoon. If this is my super fine sand getting stuck to him, I'm going to feel pretty embarrassed. LOL

Back
Top Bottom