why are my plants dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skargo2009

Aquarium Advice Activist
OK so I have a 30 gallon and a 10 gallon planted tank. I recently bought some new plants for both tanks. The plants that I put in the 30 gallon (just yesterday) all look fine.

But some of the ones in my 10 gallon (some are the same species I have in my 30 gallon) appear to be dying. The leaves on some appear to be turning brown.

I only use planted substrate and 2 arcadia t5 plant pro bulbs. I have an LED light, planted substrate plus I use co2 and fertilise the tank. But the plants in that tank appear to be dying. I don't know what's wrong. I've already spent a fortune on the tank

OK so I have a 30 gallon and a 10 gallon planted tank. I recently bought some new plants for both tanks. The plants that I put in the 30 gallon (just yesterday) all look fine.

But some of the ones in my 10 gallon (some are the same species I have in my 30 gallon) appear to be dying. The leaves on some appear to be turning brown.

I only use planted substrate and 2 arcadia t5 plant pro bulbs. I have an LED light, planted substrate plus I use co2 and fertilise the tank. But the plants in that tank appear to be dying. I don't know what's wrong. I've already spent a fortune on the tank

It's normal for some plants to drop leaves when they are placed in a different environment. It's part of the acclimatisation period, especially if the plant was grown emersed it will need to switch to submerged growth. This is referred to as melting.

Focus on the new growth rather than the old. Are they growing any new leaves at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've only had the plants for a day so I can't see any new growth yet.

I purchased some water sprites that turned brown right after I put them in my tank and I almost threw them out, but within about two days I noticed roots growing and in a week they were green and growing up again. Was weird because I read they don't repair themselves, but I've already had to start splitting them and will be putting some in another tank soon. Give it a little time.

I purchased some water sprites that turned brown right after I put them in my tank and I almost threw them out, but within about two days I noticed roots growing and in a week they were green and growing up again. Was weird because I read they don't repair themselves, but I've already had to start splitting them and will be putting some in another tank soon. Give it a little time.

Probably the plant adjusting (shedding emersed growth in favour of submerged) ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom